Chapter 11: flying solo

Jalena's POV:

The next morning I wake up, takes a shower, gets out, dries off, gets dressed, and does my hair.

(outfit)

(hairdo)

(hairdo)

It's Friday and there's no school today due to a Parent Teacher Conference. So I'm gonna go find Mia and talk to her. So I grab my phone and heads out. I search all over town but I can't find her. So I decided to head home. Once I get home, I see Mia and the girls there. "Mia!" I said. She and the girls look at me. "What are you doing here? I've been looking all over for you." I said. "Not everywhere because here I am." Mia said.

"I've been texting you all day. You could have at least texted me back." I said. "I sent a poop emoji. I think it says everything. Anyways I was just leaving this." She said unzipping her backpack. She takes out the Girls Bite Back t-shirt. "I won't be needing it anymore." She said. "I'm not taking it." I said. "We'll be in the garage." Eva said. Then she and the others walk to the garage. I sigh.

"If you're not gonna take it then my dad can use it to wash his car. Although all this betrayal on it might scratch the paint." Mia said. "I'm very sorry for not telling you. But I need you to know how important you are to me. And there's no way I would've made it through this year if it wasn't for you." I said. "Yet it was three strangers who got you back into music." She said. I sigh. "I don't need someone in my life who lies. Goodbye Jalena." She said.

She starts to walk away. "They're ghosts!" I said. Mia turns around. "What?" She asked. "The boys in my band. They're not holograms. They're ghosts." I said. Mia gets out her phone and starts typing. "Who are you texting?" I asked. "Your dad. He told be to text him if I was worried about you and I am. You're seeing things J." Mia said. I grab her phone. "Fine you wanna be difficult?" I asked. She crosses her arms.

"Meet me in my mom's studio in 30 minutes and I'll prove to you I'm not crazy." I said. "Fine you have 30 minutes. Go." She said. I nod and walks to the studio. *30 minutes later* I open the door for Mia. "Ok we're ready." I said. Mia walks in and I sit her down in a chair. "If you'll notice there's no equipment to produce a hologram." Ashlee said. "Feel free to look around." Patty said. "The guys took a poem I wrote about you and put it to music." I said.

"Aww! I wish I didn't have to talk to your dad after this." Mia said. "It's called Flying Solo. I hope you like it." I said.

(pretend Julie is Jalena and Flynn is Mia)

"Still wanna talk to my dad?" I asked. "No I'm good." Mia said. I smile and hugs her.