black

Seeing you die was black.

Black like my dark hair sticking onto the skin of my wet cheeks, tears falling from my eyes for hours. Making the eyes you once loved so much puffy, blurring everything I ever saw. Like not being sure if I'm seeing right, because you seem to look so different from the boy I fell in love with. Almost as if all we had was my pure imagination, as if my sweet boy disappeared.

Black like the walls of a labyrinth at night. Like running until there's no air left inside of my lungs, my aching heart stopping me from running any further. Like my voice echoing through the empty halls while I seem to can't get out of this damn maze of worries and problems. Shouting your name until my throat is completely dried out, begging you to hear me.

Black like the darkness that surrounded me when you turned your back on me, your feet walking away from us. Like the street my knees fell on when you left, the small rocks digging into my skin, hurting me. But that didn't matter at all, it was nothing compared to the feeling of black that filled my mind; realising that the boy I loved wasn't coming back. Realising that somehow, the boy I knew better than myself wasn't there anymore, leaving this cold skull of yours, that seemed to not remember anything we've been through.
Realizing that the boy that once had looked me in the eyes with so much love, now shuts his eyes to not see our memories, to leave me behind as if we never adored each other.

Seeing you die was black.