The Tiny Book

A Short Story
by Dolly
Toby Thornhill was thinking about Clarke Humble again. Clarke was a malicious lover with tall thighs and skinny lips.

Toby walked over to the window and reflected on his quiet surroundings. He had always loved cold Liverpool with its pongy, purple parks. It was a place that encouraged his tendency to feel relaxed.

Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the a malicious figure of Clarke Humble.

Toby gulped. He glanced at his own reflection. He was a brave, lovable, tea drinker with short thighs and blonde lips. His friends saw him as an angry, ancient angel. Once, he had even brought a narrow kitten back from the brink of death.

But not even a brave person who had once brought a narrow kitten back from the brink of death, was prepared for what Clarke had in store today.

The clouds danced like laughing rabbits, making Toby happy. Toby grabbed a tiny book that had been strewn nearby; he massaged it with his fingers.

As Toby stepped outside and Clarke came closer, he could see the careful smile on his face.

Clarke gazed with the affection of admirable prickly puppies. He said, in hushed tones, "I love you and I want you to love me."

Toby looked back, even more happy and still fingering the tiny book. "I'm in love with you," he said

They looked at each other with surprised feelings, like two kindly, kind kittens eating at a very sweet party, which had piano music playing in the background and two smart uncles thinking to the beat.

Toby regarded Clarke's tall thighs and skinny lips. "I feel the same way!" revealed Clarke with a delighted grin.

Clarke looked calm, his emotions blushing.

Then Clarke came closer into a deep kiss.

THE END