Her robin: part 2

" Are you okay?" He asks and I feel myself get lost in his eyes. They were a piercing emerald green.

" Yes, and I was handling him fine before you came" he raised an eyebrow at me and chuckled.

" I'm surprised you're not dead, that's all" I purse my lips and huff in annoyance. Typical men. Thinking that all women need saving, well I can handle myself. " I should probably take him to Arkum asylum, but it's really late. You shouldn't be walking around at this time of night" I scowl at him and he quickly adds " not that you can't handle yourself, it's just they may have guns".

I gulp. He is right, I could get shot, but I am too stubborn, so I start walking out the shop and back home.

" What do you think you're doing?"

"Walking"

" I can see that, but where?"

I stop and stare at him for a second. This dude literally just told me how dangerous it is at this time of night and now he is asking where I am going?

" Somewhere that you don't need to know about."

" Let me guess, home?" I nod and roll my eyes before continue walking down the road. He rushed over to me and grabbed my wrist; his grip was lose but it was enough to stop me in my tracks.

" Hold up. Let me call nightwing and then I'll walk you home" I sigh and wait for him to end the call with someone. Minutes later, nightwing arrives and takes the unconscious Riddler. The temperature has dropped 2 or 3 degrees and I pull my coat tighter around me.

" So, what's your name?"

" Marinette, what's yours?"

" Robin"

" I mean your real name."

" I can't tell you that."

" Well, it was worth a shot. Maybe one day I'll get you to tell me" he rolled his eyes. He seemed unbothered by the cold and I suddenly envy him.

" Are you not cold?"

" Freezing actually" I pull my eyebrows together.

" Wait really? You don't look it".

" You get used to it. Eventually, you just become kind of numb. It helps with taking hits, I suppose" I nod my head. I see what he means, after all if your body is numb from the cold then the pain from punches will be less effective.

" Yeah. How come you go around saving people?"

" I have a past. I did some bad things and I decided I could redeem myself if I save people".

" What kinda of bad things?" He did not reply, and I knew I was not going to get an answer. I think deep down, I knew what it was though. " oh, well I'm glad you're now a hero". He stopped in his tracks and I stop as well. I stare at him, confused as to why we have come to a sudden halt.

" Hero? Most people call us vigilantes. Sorry, I guess I was just a bit surprised that's all" I nod. I knew the bat family have always had mixed emotions from the citizens of Gotham. Some appreciate their work; some say that the only reason we have villains is because of them. Which is stupid. I rub his shoulder in a comforting manner, at first he flinches but then welcomes it.

" well, a hero saves people and that's what you did! You saved me!" We exchanged smiles and I feel my face flush.

" thanks" the sky starts weeping and I wish I had brought an umbrella. " I didn't know it was going to start raining".

" it's fine, my house is only down the street, lets run" I say and start running, I could feel my clothes become wet and uncomfortable. The sound of robin's footsteps is close behind me.

We arrive in front of my door, the Portico keeping the water off us. I rush to get the door open and shrug off my coat, I notice robin still standing outside.

" What are you doing? Come in"

" oh, I can't. I don't want to intrude" I shake my head.

" of course not, please come in".
•~•
pls read the following:

if you like my work then please go check out my other story. This is not your average love story. Its about a boy getting dared to date another boy, even though he knows he has to break his heart in the end. There is so much drama I have planned for  it and I would really appreciate it if you checked it out! thank you x

Martha