Her robin

Marinette's pov:

Its late, too late, but its mama's birthday soon; and I might not be able to go out after tonight, because of exams. I'll be fine, villain's dont come out until later. Right? Just hurry up Marinette.

I turn round a corner, onto the street, where the jewellery shop is. The wind was nipping at my skin, as a shiver crawled up my spine. It was quiet, too quiet. I shift in my jacket, the feeling of nausea rushed to me; Gotham was swarming with creeps, who'll do anything, too cutting your face off or raping you. I didn't want to end up like those people.

I walk into the shop, warmth takes over me. Luckily, me being MDC, allowed me, to be able to go to the more expensive section.  Mama would like something simple, but meaning full. I look at the neckless and my gaze lands on mother, holding a child. It was perfect.

(this is what the jewellery looks like)

I ask the man at the counter, on his badge read shop owner: Fu, 

"hello, I was looking at the mother and daughter section and I was wondering, if I could please have number 26" I say, the man smiles at me.

"ahhhh, that one just came in today. Beautiful isn't it" I nod, smiling at the old mans excitement at necklaces' and earrings. " I'll put that in a bag, for you to go". Gentilly,  he puts the necklace in a small carrier bag. "that will be £287.99, will you be paying with cash or card?" he asks. "card, please."

He swipes my card, and gives it back, along with the bag. "thank you, for coming to miraculous jewellery, please come again" 

"oka-" 

'crash'

The glass holding the rings, was broken. There was a man dressed in green with a question mark cane and pistol. The Riddler. just my luck, I run into one of the worse villains in Gotham and last time I saw, batman was dealing with scarecrow. Shit. 

"sir, go through the exit. HURRY!" my voice was filled with alarm. Riddler just smiled, showing of his pearly white teeth. 

"silly girl. He might get away, but you wont. But that's no fun, just killing you, no no no. Lets have some fun, shall we?" I need to buy time, before one of the bat's can get here. 

"okay, ill play your twisted game, but on one condition." he nod's, curious as to what I'm about to say. "if I win, you let me and the old man go free, but if you win, well that's for you to decide."

"okay, I agree." few, thank goodness he said yes. Now's the hard part, answering his riddles

"riddle me this? What flattens all mountains, wipes out all species, destroys every building and turn's everything into pieces?"

"Seriously, is that it?. Time. I thought you were good at making riddles." he seemed frustrated at my response.

"okay, fine, maybe something more challenging this time round. What can pierce one's ears, without a hole?"

" noise." shocked, Riddler face heats up, but then goes back to its normal colour and smirks. 

"Very good. Better than batman, maybe even robin." 

"This last question, will determine, if you and the old man, will make it out of here...alive."

I gulp unwillingly. As much as i hate to admit it, the last one was really hard. Although he just said I'm better than batman! clam down Marinette. your fine.

"what does a man do only once in his life time, but a women does once a year after they are 29?"

"hmmmm, umm" i bit my lip. 29... once in his life time. WAIT , I KNOW!!!

"turn 30" I smile innocently.

"0-0" "wait, what. How did you get that right. I spent all night making that riddle up!" 

" sur-"

           'crash'                        

Robin, swings through the door. Its only been five minutes since Riddler arrived. wow. that went fast.

robin kicks Riddler, in the ribs. then land a punch, on the Riddler's face and ouch! that's got to hurt. As Riddler is on the floor, blood every where, robin walks over to me.

"are you okay ma'am?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i haven't posted in two weeks, since im still working of 'in the city of love'. so heres a new story for yall. this will have multiple chapters to this one. Sorry to leave you on a cliff hanger, and about grammar and spellings.

(767 words)

martha