Child

(Y/n)’s POV

Aria wakes me up with a wide smile. “Hmmm…” I pull the blanket over my head. “(Y/n), wake up!” she yells at me. I look up at her and she’s holding a pregnancy test. I bolt up and look her in the eye. “I’m pregnant!!!” she says, happily jumping on me. “Your...what?...” I ask in disbelief. We hadn’t talked about having a baby but I’m happy that I’m going to be a dad. Tears sting my eyes and I look up at her. “It’s...I’m...I’m the father, right?...” I ask her and she nods, genuinely. I hug her, both of us laughing. 

I get to patrol and see Hawks. “Hawks! You won’t believe what my wife just told me this morning!” I say with a huge smile. He turns to me and raises his eyebrows. “Whats up?” he asks. “Hawks, I’m going to be a dad!!” I tell him. “What? Really? (H/n), that's great!” He hugs me. My heart hammers in my chest when I look up and our eyes meet. We stare at each other for a hot minute. I squint. “Are you wearing eyeliner?” I ask and he blushes. “Man, fuck you.” he says, letting go of me and I laugh. “Do you think I’m judging you? I’m not” I tell him and he smiles. “I know. I just like seeing you smile.” When he says that, I get butterflies. 

~9 months later~

I’m pacing in the waiting room at the hospital. A doctor comes out and calls for me. “Yes, I’m right here!” I say and rush to him. He smiles warmly. “Ready to see your baby boy?” he asks and I nod, eagerly. 

I walk into Aria’s room and the nurse is holding the baby. Aria is sleeping. “Here’s the father” the doctor who took me here says and the nurse hands me the baby. “Oh my gods…” I mutter, smiling. Tears are falling down my face as I look at my baby boy. “He’s so beautiful…” I mutter, and the baby gurgles happily. “Hi there, little guy” I sniffled. He grabs my finger with his tiny hand and my heart melts. “Bleahhhgahah!” he laughs.

That night, Aria stopped breathing. She passed away in her sleep. She never got to see our baby…I took care of the child, who I named Aaron, and pushed everyone away. I couldn’t do any hero work for a while since I was a single parent with a newborn. I’ve moved my ring to my right hand and moved houses. Takami has tried to contact me multiple times, but I never answer.

~3 years later~

I just put Aaron to bed and sit on the sofa with a sigh. There is a knock on the front door. “That's odd...no one ever comes over…” I mutter and walk to the door. 

I open it and see Takami. I shut it before he could say anything. He always seems to find me. He knocks again but I don’t open it. The door is forced open from my side and realize Takami had gotten one of his feathers inside. I give in and sigh.

“Look, I’m not going to lie to you, but I really don’t want to see you right now” I tell him, bluntly. But he pulls me into his arms and hugs me. He’s trembling. “(L/n), I was so worried!...” he says, surprising me. “Takami. Please. I’m tired, I don’t have time for this” I pry him off me. “(L/n), don’t push me away! I’m here to help you, I’ve always been here to help you!” he catches the door before it closes, his golden eyes glossy. “Takami...please...don’t do this to me...it still hurts me to see you…” I tell him, holding back tears. I close the door.

One of his red feathers is laying on the floor. I slide down to sit, my back against the door. I pick up the feather, look at it for a minute and hug it to my chest, crying. I miss him.