Chapter 14 ~the last time~

The survey corps had all been on the expedition for months now. They only had a week left before they got back to the walls and they couldn't wait. But the process to get to where they all were now was horrific...let's go back.

2 weeks ago...

Sashas death happened not too long ago and everyone was grieving, but Connie was still traumatized. He had distanced himself from everyone a lot recently and it worried everyone. He'd space out every time Erwin talked to the point you had to shake him to get him out of his thoughts. You can tell his heart was aching. He was feeling many things at this point. Hurt. Regret. Sorrow. Pain. Weak. You name it. Why did he let her go off like that? He wished it was him in sashas position. But apart from this, everyone was okay. Recently, there was a massive breakout of titans in the area everyone was staying in so there was a fight that lasted the whole day. Titans v humans. But to your luck, mostly everyone came out alive and with no bad injuries. Around 4 cadets were killed throughout the whole day and 7 were injured with a few cuts and bruises. Since the mood of the cadets was quite dull, a few other cadets decided to bring everyone together for a outside party tonight which everyone agreed to, even the commanders. It turned out, the cadets that planted this party had been planning it ever since the expedition started because they knew it would lift the cadets and commanders moods way up and maybe help Connie socialize with everyone a little more. Connie was reluctant about going to the party at first but you and armin eventually convinced him. You never saw the others during the expedition. Like:
-Mikasa
-armin
-Eren
-Jean
-Hanji
-Ymir
And way more people since they were either in different groups or you just didn't see much of them so you was happy that you'd see them tonight. It was currently 6:17pm, the party started at 8pm. You had cleaned yourself up and found a beautiful dress to wear (sorry to the people who don't like dresses it just goes with the plot <3) that came to your mid-thigh. It was a gorgeous black dress with red lacing that popped out (just pretend you brought all this stuff w/ you) along with some black heels with a dark red base. Your hair was left wrapped so it would be in gorgeous curls for the occasion (again, sorry if you got short hair). You picked up the ring from the small table, staring at it for a minute. Sasha was the one who found it for you when you lost it. The people that you cared about had held onto this ring at least one. But they'd died too. It was like bad luck for whoever touched it. Your father was the first to have it but he went missing. He gave it to your mother but she had died. Then, apart for, you, Sasha was the next to have any contact with it, but then she died. You was protective over the ring and never let anyone touch it because it was so special to you. But now, you didn't want anyone to touch it. There was some sort of bad aura from it. Although it sounded crazy out loud, it kind of made sense. The only people that touched that ring were the people who died. Apart from you. You took the bizarre thought out of your head and slid the ring onto your finger.
"A fucking 'bad luck' ring...shut up y/n." You said to yourself.

———————————

"Nearly done Eren!" You shouted out to him, who was waiting outside the tent for you. You slipped your heels on and unzipped the flap of the tent. You walked out and Eren's eyes were glued to you.
"Damn y/n..." he mumbled.
"What was that mr Jeager?" You teased, knowing he was appealed to you right now. "Let's go." You smiled at him and took his hand, he jumped from the sudden movement but didn't take his eyes off you.
You eventually got to the place where the party was held and it was gorgeous. It was a large piece of flat land, taken up by people, surrounded by trees that were decorated with lights and decorations. There was a food and drink tent full of meats, potatoes, bread you name it. Sasha would've loved this. Your eyes scanned the area and found your friends (Jean, Mikasa, Hanji, Ymir) sitting round a table laughing together. You pulled Eren over there was a huge smile over your face and when you reached the table through the large crowds you greeted them.
"Holy shit- you look hot-" Hanji complemented you. All the others did the same.
"Wow y/nnn~ wanna go get a drink?" Jean asked, not thinking much of it, you shot Eren a look that you was gonna go with Jean to get everyone a drink. Eren nodded in consent, shooting Jean a glare. Jean stood up, ushering you towards the food tent. Since there was nobody in there, you both decided to talk for a bit.
"So, when did you get...that dress." Jean paused for a minute, staring at you like you was a goddess.
"Oh this? I got it not too long ago at the markets, but I didn't know when I'd need it." You noticed how close Jean was to and you stepped back a little, hoping he wouldn't notice but he did and then pushed you up again so the table. His breath reeked of alcohol.
"Do you wAnna.." he hiccuped. "Just ditch the others and leave~" Jean slurred his words seductively. His large hands gripped your hips, restricting your movement as he stood in between your legs.
"Jean stop, your drunk." You squirmed in his hold but that urged him for more. He grabbed your hands with one of his and lifted you up onto the table. He didn't waste anytime and let his lips crash onto yours. He moved his hand from your hip to your head, deepening the kiss as you tried to break it. It was an aggressive kiss.
"Hey guys just came to see why you was taking so..l...." Mikasa stood in shock at the sight, you finally got your grip off Jean but it was too late.
"I...I need to tell Eren..." Mikasa mumbled, running out of the tent.
"Mikasa wait! See what you did you drunk fuck." You slapped Jean right across the face and got out of his grip, running out the tent before he could retaliate. You ran in your heels through the towering crowd of people and finally got to your table...you stood in shock...