𝚂𝚞𝚛𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝙿𝟸

"𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚌𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚎"

Y/N AND SAM made their way to stan's backyard where stan, syd, and dina already were. the backyard was covered in lights and there was a radio playing music.

it was very cliche.

syd and dina were practically hanging off each other.

"did we miss something?" sam asks confusedly, pointing at sydney and dina.

"you're here!" stanley shouts, ignoring sam's question as he grabs y/n's hand and wraps her in a hug.

a hug she didn't reciprocate.

"hugs are meant to go both ways y'know?"

"not when you ignore me for days! again!" y/n says angrily as sam, sydney, and dina chuckle in the background.

"i wanted to do this," he waved his hand around, gesturing his backyard.

"since our homecoming kinda sucked. and i know it's cliche but-"

y/n kissed him. again, super cliche, but it's usually the only way to shut him up.

sam started singing along to the song in the background off-key, purposefully since he felt like a fifth-wheel.

"lonley, i am so lonely. i have nobody. here on my ow-" sydney slapped her hand over sam's mouth, shutting him up.

"no," she deadpans, grabbing dina's hand and getting up to dance.

a slow song comes on and the two couples dance as sam gets on his phone, cringing at the clicheness of it all.

suddenly his phone rang.

his dad was calling.

he abruptly got up, walking away from the noisy atmosphere.

"dad?" he asked, covering his other ear with his free hand.

his father spoke into the phone as sam listened intently.

"really?" sam asked, tears in his eyes.

he dropped his phone and to his knees as his dad repeatedly called his name into the phone.

y/n rushed towards sam, grabbing his shoulders.

"sam? sam?!" she frantically asked, shaking his shoulders.

he turned around, hugging her and sobbing into her chest.

the others came running too, all of them looking at each other in worry and confusion.