Ch. 21: "Wake Up, (Y/N)"

Mina POV:

Stain: "Very well then...young Hero..."

Suddenly Stain launched forward from the ground, stabbing a pair of knives right into (Y/N)'s chest. I sat there, struggling to get up as I watched the life fade away from the one I loved.

Mina: "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

(Y/N)'s body fell to the ground and flopped to the side. His eyes rolled over to meet mine, their white glow slowly fading away as his vitality was leeched away from his body. Tears and anger filled my eyes as (Y/N) began to shift back to normal, blood pooling around him.

Stain: "To think he showed promise..." *looks at me* "And to think you could have saved him. Don't worry, I'll reunite you."

Suddenly Stain was upon me raising his sword into the air.

Stain: "With this blade...I purge you from this society."

I jolted upright, clutching my chest as my heart pounded like a drum. I instinctively looked for (Y/N), but I soon realized where I was. I was in my room, and the first light was filtering through my curtains. I sighed a heavy sigh and felt tears begin to roll down my cheeks. I wiped the tears from my eyes and looked at the picture of (Y/N) and I from the ferris wheel.

Mina: Just a nightmare, Mina...Don't worry. He's safe in the hospital...Wait...what day is it?

I looked at my phone. It was Thursday, 3 days after (Y/N)'s battle with Stain. 3 days after (Y/N) beat the Hero Killer.

Mina: Wait...It's day 3!! (Y/N) should be waking up today!!

My mood immediately improved. I stood up out of bed with a stretch before going through my morning routine. I changed into my uniform, brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, and checked the list of chores I was assigned. I sighed in relief as I realized they were all done. As punishment for sneaking out of school on Monday to help (Y/N) fight Stain, I had a bunch of extra work and chores to do. I left my room and made my way downstairs. As I walked into the common room I heard a voice call out my name.

Uraraka: "Ashido!"

Mina: "Huh? Oh! Hey Uraraka!"

Uraraka: "Are you OK? You look tired."

Mina: "Yeah...I just had a nightmare about...Y'know."

Uraraka: "Hey, he's OK. You saw him with your own eyes."

Mina: "I know, I know...It's just...it was scary, Y'know? He could've died! I'm just glad he didn't." *giggles* "Then again he's probably too stubborn to go down that easy!"

Uraraka: *giggles* "Yeah, especially if he was protecting you!"

I stopped and thought about what happened that day. How hard he fought to bring Stain to justice. To protect everyone there, and me. I smiled to myself as I did. Then my thoughts shifted to the newly discovered form he had. I guess Uraraka was thinking about the same thing.

Uraraka: "Hey...is it true he drew power from the eclipse?"

Mina: "Yeah. His eyes turned red and red lines appeared on his body. Kinda like how Deku has that weird glowy thing when he uses his quirk, but it was...different."

Uraraka: "Yeah, I saw it on the news. It sometimes scares me, the things he can do..."

Mina: "That's my (Y/N) for ya! Always full of surprises!"

Uraraka: *laughing* "Haha yeah! Hey, isn't he waking up today?"

Mina: "The doctor said he would be unconscious for at least 3 days so it could be anywhere from now until...well...I dunno...next week or something."