Ch. 8: Understanding

Mina POV: 

I woke up the next morning. I guess I managed to fall asleep again after the nightmare I had. I looked at my phone. 7:45 AM, Saturday morning. I sat in bed, remembering what had happened to (Y/N) last night. Graphic images of my best friend's arm being torn off by the nomu while he screamed in pain flooded my mind. I began to cry again. I heard a knock on my door and it opened. It was Uraraka. 

Uraraka: "Hey Ashido. I heard about what happened last night. I...I'm so sorry."

Mina: *crying* "I don't know if he even made it to the hospital before he bled out..."

Uraraka: "Ashido, I know you're worried about him, but it's OK. Midnight and Ectoplasm went to the hospital with him last night, he..."

Mina: *crying* "What if he died before I could tell him I was in love with him!"

Uraraka: "Ashido, it's OK..."

Mina: *crying* "NO IT'S NOT!!"

Uraraka: "Ashido! Please! Let me speak...If you're worried about (L/N), I have news about him."

I settled down, realizing I was taking my emotions out on my friend. 

Uraraka: "Are you OK?"

Mina: "As OK as I can be..."

Uraraka: "Well, Midnight and Ectoplasm went with him to the hospital last night. They told Mr. Aizawa everything the doctors told them. (L/N) is alive and stable. They did surgery on him last night and closed his arm up. The bad news is, his left arm is nothing but a stump now."

I held my eyes as I cried at the bad news I just heard. I was glad (Y/N) was OK, believe me I was. I was sad that his arm was unable to be saved. 

Uraraka: "Mr. Aizawa told me to come get you. He said to get ready if you want to visit him."

I immediately stood up and started to get ready. Uraraka closed the door as I began to undress. While I was getting dressed, I heard her talking to one of the boys outside. I finished getting ready and opened the door. It was Kirishima.

Kirishima: "Hey Ashido."

I didn't say a word. I just threw my arms around him for a quick hug. 

Kirishima: "Hey, he's gonna be OK. Don't worry."

I took my arms off of him and looked at him.

Kirishima: "C'mon, the others are waiting for us."

We walked down the stairs to the common room and saw Mr. Aizawa, Kaminari, Sero, Jiro, Midoriya, even Bakugou.

Aizawa: "The doctors told me he's awake, so you'll be able to see him when we get there."

We all walked out of the dorm building and made our way to a bus that would take us to the hospital. We sat on the bus, Kaminari trying to lighten the mood.

Kaminari: "Well, look on the bright side guys! At least he's still alive. He may be minus an arm but at least he's gonna be OK. Just think about it! Know we ca-"

Bakugou: "Shut up sparky. It's obvious they aren't in the mood."

Kaminari looked down apologetically. We sat in silence on the bus for 20 minutes until we arrived at the hospital. The bus dropped us off and we stood outside. 

Aizawa: "Is everyone ready?"

Everyone but me nodded their heads.

Aizawa: "Ashido?"

I took a deep breath and sighed before nodding my head.

We entered the hospital and went to the receptionist desk. The receptionist gave us all our visitor cards and we were given the directions to (Y/N)'s room. After going up some stairs and down a few hallways, we arrived at the door to his hospital room. No one went to open the door. Not even Mr. Aizawa. I looked at them, and they all looked at me, as if expecting me to open it, so I did. I grabbed the handle and turned it to open the door. When the door had opened all the way, (Y/N) was already awake and talking to a doctor. He looked as if nothing ever happened, like his normal self. I felt tears of joy swell into my eyes as he looked at us and smiled, looked at me and smiled. He then sat up and turned to sit on the edge of the hospital bed, much to the doctor's distress.