4

I was rushing around my house trying to get myself ready. I had fallen asleep completely forgetting about the dance. Thankfully Cassie and Kylie came to my house and woke me up.

"I look like a train wreck!" I complained.

"No you don't Brooke," Kylie reassured. "You look hot as hell actually." she admitted.

"And we all know Niall will love it." Cassie winked, the two girls giggled.

"Am I missing something here?"

"Isn't it obvious Brooke? Niall totally has a crush on you!" Cassie said.

"I highly doubt it, he barely even knows me."

"You're blind."

"No, I'm reasonable."

We all laughed.

"Do you have a crush on him?" Kylie asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"No Kylie!" I said.

"I don't believe you." she smirked.

They were so wrong. I had my mind on someone else.

Twenty minutes later the doorbell rang.

"I got it!" I yelled, not wanting my dad to scare the guys away. You know, being a typical over protective father and all. I swung the door open to reveal Niall, Liam and Tyler. "Hey guys, come in." I smiled.

"Hey boys you must be Tyler, Liam and.. Nate?" my dad said walking towards the door.

"It's Niall, dad." I warned.

He was doing that on purpose.

"Just kidding son, don't hurt or anything-"

"Dad, it's just a dance." I said cutting him off.

"You know, she was in karate." he continued.

"Anyways dad, you have some dishes to clean right? Okay bye." I shoved him into the kitchen. "I'm so sorry, you guys can wait in the living room we'll be like five minutes!"

I ran back upstairs to finish getting ready, praying my dad would stay in the kitchen.

I fixed my makeup, put my heels on and hair sprayed my curled hair before the three of us walked downstairs.

"Okay we have to get a picture!" Cassie squealed. "Get your dad!"

"Fine," I sighed. "But I'm not liable for anything he says or does."

If there's one thing I learned since being here is that my dad is possible the weirdest human I've ever meant and I am okay with that.

My dad took Cassie's phone and told us to pose, he too put his hand on his hips like us girls. I mentally face palmed.

Finally we left and were on our way to the dance. I was oddly excited.

"You look really nice Brooke." Niall whispered into my ear.

"Thanks Niall," I said thinking of what the girls had told me earlier. "You don't look so bad yourself." I winked.

"Thank you." he laughed.

The gymnasium was decorated so beautifully. There was fake trees all around the room and lights hanging from the ceiling.

We sat down at a table for a little before Niall asked me to dance. He took my hand and lead me to the middle of the dance floor. Cassie and Kylie followed with their dates. I wrapped my arms around Niall's neck as he snaked his on my neck.