02. FRIENDS?

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

HER HAIR BILLOWED IN THE WIND, her face feeling the fresh gust of air high up in the school. Far off in the distance were explosions, echoing through her ears over and over again. Figures danced in the air in the far distance, clad in yellow and red- All Might.

Bakugo was to fight the All Might. He had texted her just minutes before but she had not seen it, until now. Her heart ached with worry for her newfound friend. Aside from fighting All Might, he was to fight alongside his childhood enemy. Midoriya Izuku- she never understood why Bakugo hated him so much but she brushed it off as his ego acting up again.

The red figure was gone, explosions leaving the clear blue sky; (y/n) didn't like it one bit. She walked out of the classroom, her teacher not batting an eye in her direction. Tracing the wall beside her, she found a yellow echo of a figure in front of her. He acted like a kindergartener as he traced the wall goofily.

He was a frequent apparition of hers but he was no ghost. His name was Kaminari Denki; as stated before, he was not dead. (y/n)'s quirk was, odd, to say the least. She could touch an object and anyone who had touched it would be shown to her as an apparition, showing everything that had happened to it. It worked weirdly on books- everything that had been written was known to her immediately.

So she followed the boy, walking slightly behind it until she reached a room. With a knock, she entered, finding a bunch of her schoolmates staring dumbfoundedly. "Aimoto?" Her eyes made contact with a familiar man clad in all black. "Oh, Aizawa. How are the cats?"

Class 1-A watched in awe as their homeroom teacher casually chatted with a girl their age about cats as if no one else was in the room. Midnight chuckled at their expression, "that's Aimoto (y/n), the daughter of the pro hero duo: Soulmates-" "Nemuri, could you shut up?" The R-Rated teacher giggled and pulled the girl into an embrace causing her to groan.

"Could you get off, I'm here to see Katuski." Kaminari let out a strangled yelp at the sound of his name. "Someone here- for Bakugo?!" he shouted, "and she said his first name, too!" (y/n) rolled her eyes as she looked over at the screen to find her best friend struggling under All Might's iron grip. The sight brought her to a scowl, her fists clenching as she watched in utter helplessness.

He bit at the larger man's hand as he desperately exploded his hand. A green-haired boy ran to him, hitting the older one before picking Bakugo up and running to a gate. The others must've traced her gaze to their screen earlier as they had begun to cheer for the two.

Shakily, a sigh slipped from under her breath her and she stomped off towards the nurse. As time progressed she ran faster, her heart beating like a drum that would never stop pounding. The thought of him being fatally injured was frightening; he seemed too strong to ever get hurt. But I guess everyone has their weaknesses.

(y/n) slammed the door open to find Bakugo frowning up at the ceiling. An unforeseen gasp slipped from her mouth as she rushed towards him. "Aimoto?!" Her arms delicately wrapped around his shoulders as tears slipped from her eyes. "You had me so fucking worried, idiot. I don't like this feeling- being worried means you're weak; stop making me feel this way!" she blabbered as she wiped away at her puffy eyes.

Bakugo stared at her as she gave a weak punch to his chest. "And don't call me Aimoto. Call me (y/n). It sounds weird when you say Aimoto; it's as if we barely know each other." Bakugo's cheeks reddened as she leaned her head on his chest.

He had barely any time to respond or talk before she pushed him down so that he laid flat. She took the blankets and tucked him in as tight as she could so that he was stuck.

"(y/n), you're not my fucking mom!" he screeched as he flailed around. "I don't give a shit- you got hurt so you aren't moving until you get better," she replied cooly as she adjusted the sheets once more. "I'm fine!"

Bakugo struggled against the white sheets, kicking and wriggling until he was free. "My arms are just a little sore!" shouted Katsuki making (y/n) deadpan. She stomped over to him and pushed him back down. He scuffled in her grip before she leaned down and pressed a small peck to his, already slightly reddened cheek.

Katsuki stopped moving and laid there with practically no expression as a knock came from the door. "K-Kacchan? Oh!" (y/n) looked back awkwardly to find Midoriya's embarrassed expression at the sight of the two. It didn't look inappropriate at all but of course, Midoriya simply stuttered his way out of the room with mumbled apologies.

Two muscular arms suddenly pulled her down next to him, pinning her to Katsuki's side. His fiery, ruby-colored eyes connected with her own glimmering ones as her heartbeat began to speed up. Suddenly, the rubies were gone, covered by eyelids and lengthy eyelashes which always enchanted her.

She pulled at her blazer, feeling as though her chest was tightening up at the sight of him. She threw it off as she laid there- the feeling of sheets getting pulled up to cover them. Thinking back to the one medical book she had read once she remembered the symptoms of a common condition: Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia. That's what it is, she thought, unless I'm going into septic shock.

She looked back at his practically perfect features, feeling the urge to reach up and run her fingers through his hair.

AND THAT SHE DID.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂