FEELINGS ARISE

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

SHE STARED AT THE WORD IN AN EMOTION SHE COULDN'T SEEM TO DESCRIBE. It stared her down like a predator stalking its prey. The definition brought a sense of disgust yet despair.

LOVE /ləv/ noun :

i. an intense feeling of deep affection.

ii. a deep romantic or sexual attachment to someone.

iii. feel a deep romantic or sexual attachment to (someone).

iv. like or enjoy very much.

She slammed the book closed once more in fear. Her and Katsuki were friends! Nothing like that could possibly happen. She couldn't. Midoriya sensed her panic and laid his hand on her shoulder lightly. "It'll be fine. But in the meantime maybe we should try getting you accustomed to love. Have you read any romance-"

As soon as she heard the words from his mouth she found herself attempting to getaway. Sadly for her, Midoriya was quick to notice her rapidly shifting body. He grabbed her shoulder again before pushing her over to the romance section. (y/n) winced as they got closer and closer until they finally reached it.

"Let's start off with something like... this!"

Sighing, (y/n) took hold of the book and focused on it. The book emitted a soft magenta light, Midoriya watching in awe. "I-I finished." Midoriya smiled, his freckled cheeks crinkling with wrinkles. "How was it-" "Terrible." Midoriya's happy demeanor fell immediately as he reached for a handful of books. Each one was rejected as she shook her head.

Midoriya panted as he held out the billionth book that day. "How about this one," he huffed, holding out the red book out to the (h/c)-ette. She grabbed it shakily before focusing on it again. The words flew through her brain, the picturesque scenes flowing like the waves described. Her heart clenched as she continued to focus on it. It glowed red, the first book to ever glow that color. As soon as she finished, her hands fell to her sides, tears falling from her eyes.

"W-what? Why the hell-"

The heartbreak and pain that was described in the book- it almost seemed to familiar. She hated it. She wiped away her tears angrily as Midoriya stepped next to her. "It's okay, sometimes love doesn't end in a happy ending as you've seen in all the others." "Midoriya-"

The familiar angry grumble and door chime brought her out of her sadness. Katsuki. She looked over at the greenette in panic and began pushing him out of the aisle so he could get to the nearest exit without causing a scene with Katsuki. "Katsuki is going to see you if you don't get out soon!"

Midoriya made incoherent noises as she continued to lead him. A stray book hit her foot and she fell to the ground with a small shout. "Aimoto, are you okay?" asked the boy, helping her up from where she had fallen. "Yeah," she mumbled, pulling her hands away from his. But, just before her hands left his an angry shout from a familiar voice appeared. "Deku!"

Katsuki stared in fury at the two, gritting his teeth at the sight of (y/n)'s hands in Midoriya's. She turned to him in shock, her puffy eyes and red nose setting off alarms in his head. Surely her eyes wouldn't be so puffy if she cried after falling down. Her cheeks flared at the sight of him as she stood in front of Midoriya protectively. He grit his teeth even more than anyone could have thought possible.

"What is he doing here?!" he shouted as he stomped forward. "He was just looking for a book. We didn't have it here so he's leaving," she explained, staring down the boy from her peripherals. Katsuki let out a soft growl but (y/n) placed a hand atop his chest. Midoriya watched in awe as Katsuki's face flushed at her touch. With a small knowing smirk, he held up his hands shakily before running out of the store.

"How many times am I going to tell you not to yell in here?" she whisper-shouted, pushing him back with her index finger. She gave a little sniffle and walked past him as she wiped away small, stray tears. Bakugo rolled his eyes and followed behind her as she picked up books that had been carelessly left astray. "Did that nerd do something to you?" he asked once more with a scowl. "No," she replied as she placed a book in its place next to the other copies, "and don't call him that."

"Why do you look like you just cried then?" he asked with furrowed brows only to growl at her reply. "An eyelash fell into my eye." He wanted to scream at her, "that wouldn't make you look like you fucking cried your eyes out." Her answer was half-assed as she placed more books o the shelves- "whatever, it doesn't matter." Katsuki let out a low 'tch' below his breath, continuing to make remarks about the freckled boy until she finally snapped at the blonde. "Shut it, Bakugo. That's enough."

The blonde clenched his fists at the sound of his last name being used by her. He watched angrily as she placed a book on a high bookshelf. Without thinking, he pinned her hands beside her head as she turned around, getting close to her face. "What the fuck happened with you?! You hang out with that stupid nerd Deku, then you defend him, and now you're calling me by my last name?!"

(y/n)'s heartbeat sped up intensely, thinking back to the books she had read and the scene in the nurse's room. "B-Bakugo," she breathed, her eyes becoming half-lidded as her chest warmed up. "Katsuki. It's Katsuki." Now it was Katsuki's turn, his grip on her wrists softening as his breath became heavier. "Katsuki," she breathed out again as they moved closer to each other.

Suddenly, the sound of familiar voices brought her out of her trance and she pushed Katsuki away. She brushed off her apron as she looked away. Katsuki rubbed at his back in pain, seeing as though he had hit the opposite shelf. "Oh! Bakubro! You're here too?" Red-hair and Kaminari smiled in unison all the while (y/n) quickly shuffled away.

THE POUNDING SOUND OF HER HEARTBEAT ECHOED IN HER EARS.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂