Chapter 2: Jealousy Suits You

Chloe was happily tucked tightly into Lucifer's big strong arms around her waist. She groans in irritability her mind wanted to switch sides, so now her head was buried into her boyfriend's strong chest. Hours later in the early hours of the morning she smiles contentedly. She had the day off after so much paperwork and she couldn't wait to spend the day with her lover. She had a few things in mind they could do whilst Trixie was at school. Maybe a little harmless making out to start off the day? Before doing some adult day to day things. But unfortunately not even that was an option for her phone rang and if it was from the LAPD it could mean one thing: they had a case.

Sunday
6:00 AM

Regardless of the call Chloe picks up her phone and holds it up to her ear. Who in their right mind would wake before six pm? The only person who was insane enough to do that was Lucifer and not even talking to her about work relating things. "Hi Ella what's up?" She asked in a groggy tone the only evidence that she just woke up.

"Chloe! You and Lucifer need to get here ASAP. We just got a report from a witness of the victim." Ella informed her urgently.

"Yeah. All right. We'll be there soon." Chloe nudged her boyfriend hard in the gut to wake him up ungraciously, who makes an oof sound from his mouth.

"Ow! What was that for Detective?" Lucifer complained.

"Omigod! Are you cuddling into Lucifer right now?!" Ella asked squealing on the other end of the phone Chloe had to hold it away considering it was on speakerphone. She really couldn't blame him for that. Still it was fun to glare hard at her boyfriend for no reason.

"Well, I mean, I'm not going to lie about that the fact that we are dating, so of course I am, but focus Ella, that's not the point." Chloe admired still not wanting to lie to about it but also being firm when it comes to their job first.

"Right. Sorry. I got distracted. I'll let you guys go and I'll see you when you both get here. See ya soon Decker." The forensic scientist bids her coworkers goodbye before Chloe could get the opportunity to.

"So... we have another case." Lucifer stated obviously.

"Seems like. Come on. We better not keep our coworkers waiting." Chloe ordered him to get a move on with her hands.

"I don't know they could wait a minute or so..."

"Lucifer... I am NOT having sex with you-" His girlfriend told him sternly.

"Right. That's what you said before and yet... we did the-"

"Before work." She clarified

"Oh. Fine. Your loss. It would only be a matter of time before you lose your cool on the crime scene and pin me to a wall and take me right then and there."

"Yeah, I'm not that addicted to you. I think I can handle one little crime scene." Chloe chuckled incredulously.

"Mm. We'll just see about that love. Don't say I didn't warn you."

<><><>

Lucifer and Chloe arrived at the crime scene moments later. She makes her towards Ella who was taking pictures of the grotesque dead body and looked around to see if there would be any witnesses who are standing off to the side away from the murder.