Chapter 3: Popping the Question

Time jump:
After Season 5B
3 months after Dan's death | posterior the Battle of the Archangel

Lucifer paced nervously back and forth even started fiddling with his wedding finger. Where his immortality ring used to sit before giving it to his girlfriend. Very uncharacteristically he runs a hand through his jet black hair messing up the hairstyle and the gel coming undone in the process. This was bloody ridiculous! Since when did God, and once former Devil, get so nervous and anxious about one little question?! He chided himself.

"Lucifer? What seems to be the problem? Clearly... you're anxious about something." Lucifer turned his attention on the therapist before him, Linda Martin, completely forgetting she was even there and why he was here in the first place. "Did something happen between you and Chloe?" She asks her son's uncle.

"What? No. No, no, no, me (god) no. I mean it is about the former detective, but nothing like that. We couldn't be more happier." Lucifer told her quickly to reassure that everything was okay relationship wise better than okay actually. It was purely amazing! Both in and out of bed.

"Then what's the problem? I mean it must be a pretty big deal. I've never seen you in such a state like this before." The doctor observed his uncharacteristic behaviour.

"The thing is I want to pop the question to Chloe," Lucifer informed her sitting back down on the couch his forearms resting on his thighs and leaning forwards. After voicing that out he felt like the weight was lifted off his shoulders.

"And that's problem because...? You're worried she will say 'no' to you?" She asked trying to figure out why this was such a problem for the former Devil.

"No, I know she wouldn't... or... at least... I hope not. I know she loves me, right? Right. Of course she does."

"Hm... it sounds like you're very much insecure about this whole thing. Why is that? I mean this is your girlfriend... we are talking about. Who loves you no matter what or who you are. Chloe loves you a lot and even knowing that you were the actual Devil to continue with wanting to date you. I mean if that was someone else they would be terrified and do the exact opposite."

"Is there a point to this Linda?" Her client asked slightly irritated. She sighs matching his mood.

"Lucifer... I'm not paying out on who you are. I'm just giving you logic; because that's my job and you know what? Not everyone is going to okay with your... who you are or were but who cares what other people think? You only care about what Chloe thinks because you love her and she is your girlfriend." Lucifer rolled his eyes at her. Ugh... more rationality! I suppose that's what therapists do. It's their job so like a good Almighty, I will just sit and listen like many of her clients. "There must be a reason why you're feeling this way and I think I know why. After everything you've been through with everyone rejecting you... you're honestly worried Chloe, of all people, will do the same to you?" Linda questioned him her voice in pure validation.

"It's not just saying 'yes' to me, doctor... if she does that means she would have to accept my other celestial half stuff. Whether I was the Devil, Archangel or current God."

"See, I don't believe that, Lucifer, because if Chloe was really that terrified of who you were then, the Devil, the way she was when she first found out. Let me ask you this: why would she choose to keep dating you just by knowing who you are?"