Chapter 2: The Start of It All

Hey guys! I never thought I would get at as many reads as I have and I just want to say thank you! I just realized I didn't describe what the characters look like so I am just going to re-edit this chapter and add it in. Thanks for reading!

Today I was so excited to go back to school to see my friends and get away from my annoying, over reactive little sister Amber. She has long blond hair like me but mine is layered. She has hazel eyes while mine are blue. Somehow, every time she gets "In trouble" she always finds a way to turn it around and blame me so I get in trouble even though I had nothing to do with some of the things at all.

At school I saw my friends talking right outside the door waiting to go in, but there was this new girl with them I haven't seen before so I walked over.

"Hey, Im Maria" I kindly introduce myself.

"Hey, Im Lilly." The new girl with green eyes and very light red hair that is also very staticky with a little wave to it says while doing something with her hands. I somehow know what she was saying without her telling me, thats when I realized what she was doing. 'Oh, she's doing sign language.' I think to myself.

"She's deaf but she can read lips very well so she doesn't sign much." Skye, who has dark short hair and hazel eyes too, jumps in for Lilly.

"Wow, thats really cool" I sign back. After that everyone just stares at me, surprised. I have been doing sign language as a hobby for a couple years now. It wasn't to long until I saw something I didn't expect at all. "Bradley" I whisper. Everyone looks in the direction I was looking in and sees Bradley, my crush from last year and a couple years before too. Then he looks at us and we all turn away quickly. "Whats he doing here?" I ask.

"I don't know, just please don't get overly obsessed over him again." Says Grayson. She has shoulder length brown hair thats a tad but longer hair then Skye's hair.

"Don't worry, I don't like him that way anymore." I say, and blush and everyone gives me a look saying they think I do still like him. Then we all giggle.

"Hey guys, what are we giggling about" Says Bradley. His brown eyes sparkling in the morning sun, and dark brown hair looking perfect as usual.

I look away to hide that i'm blushing even more than before. Then I realize everyone is staring at me, like they expect me to respond under this uncomfortable situation for me. I still say nothing, then the bell rings and the doors fly open. I sigh, a sigh of relief and think 'Aw, yes, saved my the bell.' "See you guys later" I say without thinking.

I was walking toward class when I thought I saw an old friend in the crowd. I didn't think much of it. Then all of a sudden, I hear my name. "MARIA!" I hear familiar voice say. I look over to see a hand waving, then as in look down the arm, through the crowd if people I see my best guy friend, actually one of my two only guy friends. "Maria, wait up!" He shouts, so I go off to the side and my friend Liam walks over to me. His green eyes are really green today, and has light brown hair in its original spiky style.

"Hey, I haven't talked to you sense you went off to that borading school, how have you been?" I say kinda nerves because i've always had a little crush on him but I didn't want him to know. It eventually went away but I got butterflies when I saw him.

"I've been great. You look great." Then randomly he gives me a hug. No guy has ever given me a random hug like that before. I didn't realize what happened until after, then I just found myself smiling. It felt like we were the only people in the hallway while we stared into each others eyes and thats when I realized he was the guy for me.

"Wait, what are you doing here if you went to that borading school?" I say when I come back to reality.

"I help my mom. She works here but..." He's cut off by the second bell as it rings, so he just tells me he will see me later and leaves. I felt kinda sad, a little confused, and lonely all of a sudden. So I start heading to class when,...

"Maria! Who the heck was that?" Says someone from behind me. I quickly turn around to see who it was.

"Jesus Bradley, you scared me. What'd you say?" I say holding my chest, flabbergasted. Before he could answer I realize the hallways have cleared, out of the corner of my eye I see a figure running toward me. I turn my head to get a better look, and to see that it was Liam who was running toward me.