Chapter 5: Will He Forgive Me?

"See you later dad." I say before I go out the door. Im not surprised when I see Liam at the end of the driveway but I am surprised by him holding out his arm in a triangle form.

"May I take my princess to school today?" He asked.

"It would make my day!" I say, and we both laugh.

"Do you know that I love you?" He asks me as he leans on me a little giving me a slight hug and a kiss on the top of my head.

"Yes, I know that." I wink and continue, "Do you know I love you too?" I ask back.

"Of course." He gives me another hug then continues to say, "Man I love you. You are so beautiful, I wouldn't trade you for the whole world." He says. I smile and bit my bottom lip a little. He uses his for-finger to lift my chin up and kisses me which makes me smile even more and blush a little.

"Hey" I hear from behind me. Liam and I turn around to see Bradley.

"What do you want?" Liam asks in a snotty way. I think that he is trying to make Bradley jealous because he puts arm around around me and on my shoulders and squeezes me like I'm his property.

I then turn to Liam."Sweetie, it's okay, we're still friends." I say a little loud to get his attention and to make sure he knows not to worry.

"No Maria, it's okay. I kinda deserve it. I just wanted to apologize and say that I'm happy you two worked it out." Bradley jumps. I think if Bradley didn't do that then Liam and I might have started to fight over who knows what this time.

"Thanks, I am too. Do you want to walk with us?" I ask. After a second I could clearly tell Liam doesn't want Bradley to walk with us but I didn't care. I could tell by the mumbling sound he makes right after I ask the question but I couldn't make out what he was saying.

"Sure, I'd love too." Bradley says. This time I can understand what Liam mumbled, "Of course you would, Why wouldn't you?" When he does this I nudge him in the stomach a little hard with my elbow giving him a 'Stop It' look and he does.

At school the day goes by really fast. In the next to last period, which is 5th, we are working on a lab in science and my best friend, well use to be best friend wasn't here which reminds me of the revenge I was planning but forgot about. At that moment I decided she wasn't worth it, that I already have enough on my plate as it is. Anyways, Bradley's friend that he is usually partners with wasn't here either so that meant Bradley and I are partners because everyone else had their partners.

During the lab I hear the slightest thump from behind me. Standing behind the clear glass of the door was Liam. I mouthed to him, "What are you doing? You're going to get me in trouble, get out of here."

"I need to talk to you." He mouthed back. Before I could get him to leave Bradley looks back.

"What are you looking at?" He asked. Liam had jumped out of sight before I even realized it.

"Nothing." I say trying to realize what happened. At that moment I didn't know what I was feeling. I felt happy that no one else saw him but for some reason I felt butterflies in my stomach. I hear the thump again but this time it was louder. I wasn't the only one that heard it this time. I mouthed to him again to get out of here and when I turned around everyone was looking at me, even the teacher. Mrs. Baker then went over to the door and opened it. Liam came inside and I just felt so horrible and worried about what was going to happen to him. I then looked over at Bradley and he looked back at me and our eyes met. I honestly don't know why but he just got up and stormed off slamming the class room door behind him in the process. Without thinking I got up and ran after him with Liam running after me.