Chapter 12: Interrogation and Hospital?

*Maria's P.O.V*
      We all gathered in the conference room after all the victims were cleared by the paramedics. They took Liam to the interrogation room where they could get a confession on tape, which I wasn't really sure why they did that since they arrested him at the scene where they found everyone.
"Maria, can I talk to you for a minute." Chase, the interrogator asked me. I followed him out of the conference room. "Liam's not cooperating. He says he will only talk to you, but you don't have to if..."
"Where is he?" I cut him off. Instead of saying anything he just led me to where he was. I waited for his cue.
"When ever you're ready" Chase said. I took a deep breath, opened the door and walked in. Liam's head jolted up when he heard the door close.
"Sit back down." A stern voice said as soon as he tried to stand up, I'm guessing to hug me. I sat in the chair opposite of him and sat there what seemed like forever before the silence broke.
"I'm sorry." Was all he said.
"Why?" I managed to croak out.
"It's...you... I just,..." He stuttered, trying to find the right words.
"I don't understand. All I know is there is no good explanation for all of this. Kidnapping almost everyone that I know and talk to, almost killing someone. It just doesn't add up Liam."
"Almost? You mean John, he's, not dead. Is that how you found me!?" He said before I could continue, getting angry at the end.
"Of course not. He's been in a coma since he's been in the hospital." As in on cue there was a knock on the door, then Chase entered.
"Maria, something happened." I walked out of the room as I knew if it was something that Liam could have heard then he would have just told me. "John, he woke up, about an hour ago. The hospital just called and they thought you would want to know."
"Yeah, thanks. I'll go see him after I finish talking to Liam." He gave me a nod and I headed back in the room. Instantly, Liam stood up and started yelling.
"You lied to me! Even if I was shot dead, or wasn't at the house, your baby wouldn't have a father either way. I'm gonna be in prison for life aren't I? So that baby wouldn't get to see her real father, or know the truth until you want her to! It's not going to be my decision, or anyone else's but yours. This is your fault that our child, no sorry, your child is going to grow up fatherless! I can't believe I was stupid enough to fall for that when I could have shot at least one of the people I kidnapped dead!..."
"Get her out of there!" Was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.

*Liam Payne's P.O.V*
Everyone had left to go get food. Someone needed to stay in case Maria woke up, and I wasn't hungry so I stayed. I really don't want to be the one that has to tell her what happened but someone has to be. I looked at my phone, a text from Elizabeth, Maria's sister, 'Is she awake yet' I reply, 'not yet, I'll let you know when she does though.' I get a reply almost instantly. 'You better.' I laugh, I needed that laugh. It's 9:37, we've been here for about 5 and a half hours.
"What's so funny?" I jerk my head up to see Maria finally awake. I get up from the chair I was sitting in about a foot from her hospital bed that is set in the corner of the tiny room.
"oh, nothing." I laugh again not wanting to tell her what happened right away, which makes her laugh. I press the nurse button on the side of the bed to let the nurse she's awake. Not even two minutes later a nurse walks in. I quickly go over to her to let her know not to tell Maria what happened. She needs to hear it from someone she knows rather then a nurse or the doctor. She nods her head and I leave to call Elizabeth to let her and everyone know she's awake. They say they will be here as soon as they are done eating.
They all come back one by one since there can only be two people in the room at once since its such a small room. This way one family or friend can be in there and the nurse or doctor, or two family members or friends. First back is Elizabeth and Jacob. I came out of the room when they arrived so they could both just go on in. Next was Harry and Louis, then Niall of course came back last. While they were all going in and out of the room I called Morgan to let everyone know she was awake and ok.
"Has anyone told her yet?" He asked right before I hung up.
"No, we all agreed that we will tell her when everyone is here. That includes you and the team if they want to come."
"Of course we want to come!" He said without a moment of hesitation. We hung up and everyone arrived about 15 minutes later. We all gathered in the guest waiting room to talk about how we are going to tell her.
"Elizabeth?" Harry suggested.
"Oh no, I do NOT want to be the barrier of bad news." She said. They all argued about who should tell her for a good half hour.
"Fine! I'll do it." I said after not being able to take anymore of it. They all stared at me like I had two heads. It was the first thing I said since we entered that room, and I guess I said it a little loud because a nurse that was walking by asked if I was ok. After I assured her I was fine we all got up and headed back to Maria's room. I went in to her room first followed by Niall who left the door open so the rest could hear everything.
"hey," I said in a soft voice, which made Maria open her eyes. "We have something to tell you."
"What is it?" She asked, her voice frail. Before I continued I grabbed her cup of water that was by her bed and handed it to her. She sat up and took the glass drinking almost all of it.
"Firstly, I want you to know its not good news.." I said softly.
"Okay.." She said a little unsure.
"Well, you see, the thing is..." Wow, this is a lot harder then I thought it would be.
"Just tell me Liam." She said.
"Ok, the thing is..."

*To Be continued"

Stay tuned and make sure to read the next chapter to see what Liam is going to say! What could it be?🤔