𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝟒𝟏

꧁꧂
Billie O'Connell

Few days later

"Everyone can I have your attention." I started having all the attention of our family and closest friends. I holding my champagne glass filled with champagne, my arm is wrapped around my wife who's standing next to me. Holding a champagne glass filled with non-alcoholic champagne that tastes like apples. Everything thinks that it is real champagne with alcohol since Kendra likes those. None knows of our pregnancy yet. "We are here to celebrate my wife's and I anniversary." I smiled looking at Kendra. Maggie dries her tears. "Yes, we have been married for a year! How crazy is that! It feels like we got married just yesterday. But that is how our relationship is-." I faced Kendra again. She smiled at me rubbing my back with her hand. "My love for you feels like the very first beginning I fell in love for you. Every day I fall even more for you if that is possible." I chuckle. Kendra's eyes twinkled. "Yes. It's unreal and we want to thank you for being here to celebrate our love." Everyone smiled at us.

"I love you so much, Billie." Kendra started, I faced her. "Yes, you are right. Our wedding felt like yesterday but that's because we bring that special day every day with us. Our love continues growing even now that we are pregnant, we can give our love to our very first baby." We smiled looking at our family and friends. They were silent for a moment.

"Hold up. Wait a minute!" Taylor stands up. "Did I hear this good? Are you guys pregnant!" Kendra and I nod smiling. Everyone gasps, all those first reactions are coming out making Kendra and I laugh at our faces. "Oh my God!" Tayla runs to us and hugs us at the same time. Our mothers hugged us tightly and then there was my crying brother smiling proudly at us before hugging us.

"But how? You are drinking champagne, Ken!" Claudia says shocked, Kendra laughs and shook her head letting Claudia taste the fake champagne. "You fooled all of us! That's so mean." Kendra and I gave each other a high five and received more congrats.

October

[1 Trimester]
8 weeks pregnancy

"Welcome to the first appointment! How are you feeling?" Kendra's private midwife Jenna who will be there during her whole pregnancy told her while Kendra took on the chair across from her. Our advisor Aliyah took care of one of the best midwife's in town, she's working together with Jenna. I sit next to Kendra, I looked down at her belly. I know Kendra's body so well, I could see that there was a tiny bump showing which I'm very proud of, I can't wait to see my beautiful wife in a huge belly. If she gets one. I hold Kendra's hand looking at her.

"Uhm. I'm feeling constantly nauseous in the mornings, my breasts hurt, I feel tired-. I also have the feeling that my heartbeat is faster-."

"Kendra also cries a lot," I say, Kendra, laughs facing me. Jenna smiled. "Yes. Yesterday I came home with her favorite meal and she was crying her eyes out." I laugh, Jenna laughs and nods writing everything down. "She's having those mood swings lately."

"Those are pretty normal symptoms." Jenna started looking at both of us. "You see, your body Kendra is preparing for the pregnancy, your uterus is growing and your heartbeat is going faster because your body is changing a lot at the moment. You kind of have to see it as a day and night working machine." Kendra and I nod. "Your blood volume increases, you are breathing differently I can hear it now." I nod looking at Kendra, I realized that Kendra's breaths different. "Your body is completely changing a lot and it's clearly that your body costs a lot of energy that why you are tired all the time. Taking rest is a must. I hope you aren't going on tour or anything?"