I Still Care

| 12:45 PM | April 9 | Wednesday |

"Do you have everything?" I asked

"I have my phone, wallet, keys, phone charger, bags all packed and the luggages  are already in the car." Xavier confirmed

"Good, I have the passports, tickets, and I already asked Amber if she could house sit." (Amber is their neighbor down the hall)

"Alright well let's get going then. Our flight leaves in 3 hours."

Xavier and I headed out of the apartment and into our car ready to take our trip to New Jersey. Xavier had convinced me to finally go and my mom was so excited when I told her. We're getting there a few days earlier than the party so I could, one to surprise my parents because they aren't expecting me so soon and so I can help my mom before the big day.

| 7:10 PM | April 9 | Wednesday |

"Park the car right there." I said. We were finally here at my parents house. Xavier parked the rental car in front.

"Come on, let's go say hi first then we can grab our bags." Xavier stepped out of the car heading towards the front door.

I got out of the car following behind him. Xavier reached to rang the doorbell and after what seemed like forever my dad finally opened the door.

"Wha- wow! What are you guys doing here!" my dad said in a cheerful mood

"Hey Finn how's it going!" Xavier said, shaking my dad's hand.

"Hi dad, I missed you." I gave him a big hug.

"Hey kiddo!"

By this time my mom had too walked towards the front door to see us in a surprise.

"Darling what are you doing here so early!?" I reached out to give her a hug too

"Well you know I just missed you guys and we figured we can have a small celebration for dad's birthday." I tried to hide the fact that my mom was planning a big surprise.

"Oh don't bother, he already knows." my mom rolled her eye with a sigh

"What? How did that happen." I laughed

" Well I guess your father is really nosey and I'm bad at hiding surprises." she gave a playful stare towards my dad

"But the party is still happening right?" Xavier asked

"Oh yeah it's still happening but without the surprise." my mom said crossing her arms

"Awe sorry mom, I'm sure it will still be a fun party." I said trying to cheer her up

"Of course it will." my dad chirped in while wrapping his arm around my mom, "well let me help you bring in your bags."

While Xavier and my dad were bringing in the bags my mom took me inside to show me all the stuff and decorations she had for the party and everyone she invited.

"And your aunt Bella is coming and Terry, you remember Terry. Oh and I was able to get a hold of your fathers best friends from that band, what was it now.... Oh Green Day."

My heart sank, fuck. This was my fear

"Oh really did they say they could make it?"

"Well I got an RSVP from Mike and Tré but I think Billie Joe and his wife said they could try to make it here."

"Wow that's great, i know dad hasn't talked to them for a while now." I said pretending to be excited

"What about you? You guys were pretty close when you were younger. You and Tré used to non stop crack jokes about who knows what. And didn't you see Billie a few years back?"

"God has it been that long, wow." I said while scratching the back of my head.

"Well I just hope everyone can make it." my mom said ending the discussion

"Okay that's everything." Xavier said as he dropped the last bag on the floor.

"I'll show you kids to your room." my mom said while showing us upstairs to the room we would be saying for the next few nights.

| 2:28 AM | April 10 | Thursday |

I was staring up at the ceiling not being able to sleep at all. I know my body was exhausted from the flight over here but my mind was running at a thousand hours per minute.

What am I going to do if he shows up? Would he talk to me? Look at me? Even notice I was there? It had been so long and I haven't talked to him since that day at the airport. All I wanted to do was throw up at the mere thought of facing him again. I'm happy now. I have a new life with a new home and a new boyfriend and I don't need anything to fuck that up for me. God only knows how much got fucked up in my life during that time period.

I still care about him, you know.

I still wish everyday that things did not end up the way they did.

I wish I never loved him the way I did or that he never loved me back.

But before I could continue to overthink I fell asleep. 

Visual of Xavier