A Warm Desire (Zelink)

Modern Zelink AU (BotW). Decided to take a shot at it; mostly fluff, some T-rated content and innuendos.

Comment your opinions, this is my second one-shot :)

. . .

The hotel's chandelier was bright, golden light spilling over the floor below it. Zelda stood agape in the entrance hall, her feet frozen to the floor.

"How in Hylia's name did you afford this place?" she breathed.

Her fiancé, Link Nightingale, was standing next to her, dragging both his and her suitcases behind him. He flashed a dorky grin. "It didn't cost as much as it looks, trust me."

Zelda rolled her eyes at her lover, a blush creeping up on her cheeks. Even a smile from him was enough to set her heart racing, and she still became flustered whenever he told her she was beautiful, though they'd been dating for five years.

"I'll go check in," Link went on, nodding his head towards a nearby couch since his hands were full. "Go sit down. I won't be long."

Impulsively, Zelda gave him a peck on the cheek before scurrying off to where he pointed out. The whole room in of itself was magnificent; modern paintings covered the walls, as well as aesthetic lights hanging from the ceiling. She spotted a few other hotel visitors in the lounge, laughing and conversing with one another.

Sitting down, Zelda smoothed out her pants. She always insisted on looking nice, though Link protested that she was always the most beautiful woman he had met. Quite a sappy line, but it worked on Zelda whenever he used it.

She took out her phone from her pocket, scrolling through social media. A couple of her other friends had gone places with their significant others for Valentine's Day. Zelda smiled when she saw a selfie of her close friend Paya with her boyfriend, Sidon, at a Chinese restaurant that Paya loved going to.

Zelda hummed to herself, listening to the sounds of people around her. The last time she had been in a hotel like this was her last family vacation, almost three years ago. Now twenty-one, Zelda enjoyed the small break that she had for the weekend. Her job in fashion wasn't exactly forgiving when it came to holidays.

A few minutes later, she heard footsteps coming towards her, and without looking up, she knew it was Link. She had been with him long enough to be able to identify the pace of his strides as he walked.

"Got checked in," he said, smiling at her.

Zelda stood up and, taking her suitcase from him, followed behind him as they strolled towards the elevator.

Even the inside was fancy. Quiet classical music played in the background, which Zelda, an ardent music lover, immediately recognized as Beethoven. The buttons on the side of the doors were rose-gold and lit up.

Zelda, who was closest to the buttons, asked Link, "Which floor?"

"Third."

She pressed one, and it turned to a red color. At once the elevator moved up, Zelda feeling the familiar drop of her stomach.

"This place is amazing," she told Link earnestly as they went up.

Link seemed pleased by her answer. He breathed out a sigh of relief. "I was hoping you'd like it," he murmured.

Zelda smiled at him. She grasped his hand tightly. "I'd like to go anywhere with you, you know that."

"I thought that was proven when you said yes," Link laughed, his voice like bells.

Zelda giggled. "It was."

They reached the third floor, politely greeting a family of four as they exited the elevator. The youngest, a little girl no older than five, waved at the couple as they passed.