Chapter 3

(A/N I decided to give y/n a name because I'm just not a huge fan of writing with y/n. But for the few of you who have already read the first 2 parts, Eun Ae is y/n :))

I wasn't able to focus on my work for the rest of the day. I wasn't sure if I was nervous about working with Changbin because of who he was, or simply because he was another human being. Most likely it was the second, mixed with my dislike of him. I planted my face on the desk and groaned.

I checked the time. Shoot. I was supposed to be meeting Young-hyun in front of the building for dinner 10 minutes ago. I grabbed my black face mask and rushed out the door, sloppily putting it on. 

What I love about face masks is that with them, I get an excuse to hide my face and fade into the background.

Reaching the elevator, I pressed the down arrow. Once the doors opened I rushed in next to the figure already standing inside.

"Oh, hi Eun Ae," they said.

I looked up from under the rim of my black baseball cap to see Seo Changbin. My eyes widened and I quickly bowed to him.

His eyes focused on the bottom half of my face and he smiled.

I frowned. What's he looking at?

He reached his hand out and I backed away. Scoffing he moved my hand away and grabbed my mask off of my face with his other hand.

I punched his arm and reached for it.

"Chill out for a second," he flipped the mask around and handed it back to me. "It was upside down."

I felt my face instantly heat up. I snatched the mask out of his hand and quickly hooked it around my ears, sure to place it correctly this time. I nodded my thanks as the elevator doors opened to the ground floor and I ran out.

After seeing that my brother was nowhere around, I headed outside. I turned my head around, my hair flying in my face.

"Eun Ae!"

I turned my head toward the sound of my name. Young-hyun was standing there waving at me. Sighing in relief, I walked over to him.

I'm so so so sorry, I completely forgot, I signed to him and bowed repeatedly. 

He laughed. "It's only 7:12. You're not that late." 

I looked up to see him grinning. I smiled back. 

"Hey let me introduce you to a couple of my juniors," Young-hyun placed his hands on the shoulders of two younger guys. One was slightly shorter than my brother, and the other a few inches shorter than him.

I glared at Young-hyun. When did you decide I should meet so many people? I hoped my hands could portray the ferocity I wanted to convey. I'm going back inside.

I was about to turn back around when the taller one spoke up. "No wait, I'm sorry. We can leave. I don't want to interrupt your dinner. I'll buy you dinner next time, Hyung."

He knew sign language?

"No no, hold on," my brother held him back. "Y/n, this is Kim Seungmin and Lee Minho. They were guests on the show today, and Seungmin-ah knows sign language." He smiled awkwardly.

I froze for a second. Inside I was panicking. He wasn't supposed to know what I was saying. I signed again. No I'm sorry. You can stay. I'm so sorry I didn't realize-

"Wait Seungmin," Minho poked his friend. "Are we eating or not? What's she saying? I'm confused."

"Yes, we're all eating together," my brother answered for Seungmin while sending a glare my way.