Chapter 6

(Changbin POV)

"Soooooo, how was your morning with Kang Eun Ae-ssi?" Chan asked me as we sat in our studio, one of his legs crossed over the other.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "You look like one of my mom's friends when they come over to drink tea and gossip with each other."

Chan cleared his throat and uncrossed his leg. "Don't avoid the question."

I thought about this morning's events for a moment. After lunch, when we were back at the company, I had gotten a text from my manager, pulling me away from my time with Eun Ae. It was now an hour or two after dinner, and Chan, Jisung and I were fine tuning some beats for a few songs. 

"It was good," I said simply.

"Just good?" Jisung nudged me. "What about the music? Is she as good as Young-hyun hyung told us? You spent a lot of time with her."

I nodded. "She's... very talented. You can tell she loves her instrument, although she doesn't seem very happy to work with me." My shoulders shrank at the end of my sentence.

"What?" Jisung said.

"That's ridiculous. What makes you think that?" Chan asked.

"Well, she hardly looked at me most of the time we were together."

"Maybe she was just overwhelmed by your life-altering presence. It's possible." Jisung grinned.

I almost snorted. "Highly doubtful. Besides, she hardly talked to me the whole time. Granted she couldn't really talk at all, but she didn't even text!"

My friends seemed confused at that. "What do you mean, she can't talk?" Chan asked.

"Well... I'm not quite sure what the situation is. All that Young-hyun hyung said was that she 'doesn't talk much'," I said with air quotes, "and then the whole morning whenever she needed to say anything to me she would just write it down or type it out. She used sign language to talk to her brother though."

Chan shrugged. "Well then I guess she just can't talk. Is she deaf too? Dang, that would be really impressive if she's such a good musician, and she's deaf."

"No, she can hear me and everything around her. I thought she was just mute, but when we first met in the studio, she said 'you stole my coffee,' so obviously she has some vocal function."

"Why would you steal her coffee?" Jisung looked at me, disgusted.

"I didn't steal her coffee."

"Then why would she say that?" He questioned further.

"That's not the point! What I'm trying to say is that she's not fully mute, and she's definitely not deaf. But beyond the fact that she physically could not speak to  me, she was just kind of cold in general." I shrugged.

"Hmm," Chan pursed his lips.

"I know what the problem is," Jisung said grinning. Chan and I both looked at him expectantly. "The girl is an introvert. Just don't push her."

My excitement deflated.

"Come on bro, not all people are as outgoing and excitable as you guys are. Just give her some time and let her get used to you. And don't take it personally when she chooses to stay home and watch Netflix rather than go out with you." Jisung smiled cheekily.

"Are you talking about Eun Ae-ssi, or yourself on that last one?" Chan asked. 

He chuckled nervously. "I'm just saying, introverts enjoy different things than extroverts in general. Maybe I include myself in that statement. But I'm sure it applies to her too."