Chapter 7

The next morning, I got a text from Changbin while I was getting ready. He was supposed to meet me in the studio to work on the song soon.

Changbin-ssi
Eun Ae-ssi!

Yeah

Changbin-ssi
Do you prefer a latte or an americano?

Why?

Changbin-ssi
Just curious
So which is it?
Or do you like something completely different?

Read

I put my phone down and resumed my previous task. I was already running late.

Twenty minutes later I was approaching Changbin, who stood outside my studio with two drinks in his hands.

"How come I'm always here before you? You should set your alarm earlier so you don't run late so much."

I walked past him into the small room.

"Latte or americano?" His voice came from behind me.

I turned back around with a confused expression on my face.

"You never answered my question. Latte or americano?" He held up the drinks in his hands. I hesitated before taking the americano. I took a sip and sat down, motioning for him to do the same.

Thank you, I signed.

"Any time."

He only had an hour to spare before moving on with his schedule for the rest of his day. When his hour was almost up, he pulled the focus away from the music.

"Eun Ae-ssi," he started.

I gave him my attention.

"I'm sorry if I made things uncomfortable for you last night," he rubbed the back of his neck. "I guess I didn't really think before pulling you out of your comfort zone and may have made things awkward for you."

I tugged at the drawstrings of my hoodie. He wasn't wrong, but at the same time I didn't want him to feel guilty for my faults. 

"I want to be someone that you feel at ease around, and I know bringing you around a bunch of other strange and new people wasn't the right move. I apologize." He bowed from his sitting position.

My eyes widened at his sudden apology. I waved my hands, trying to tell him his apology wasn't necessary.

You don't need to apologize Changbin-ssi. I typed out on an open tab on my computer. You couldn't have foreseen my anxiousness. I don't have a good excuse for it.

"I'll stop you right there Eun Ae-ssi. You don't need an excuse if you have social anxiety. Everyone has something that makes them anxious or afraid. Sometimes there's no reason for it. You shouldn't feel guilty. If there's anything else that makes you anxious, don't be afraid to tell me. I want to avoid those things." His expression was more serious than I had ever seen it before. I tried to find any trace of uncertainty or deception, but was met with complete sincerity.

My fingers hovered over the keyboard. I didn't really know what to say. Thank you, I started. I'm just not very comfortable with new people, especially in loud groups or crowds.