38. Awkward

Wednesday, 3 December 2030

Its been a few days since Ali had woken up, the boys are readjusting to their old lifestyles once again. After a few months in a different country, might take a while to adjust to sleep schedules, food, and almost everything.

Nothing was too different, they started to go on missions normally, hanging out together and going back to their homes.

Despite not seeing each other for a long time, these agents had no trouble communicating or interacting with their friends and partners.

Except for one pair.

"I don't know, i mean i was so excited to see him again but now things are getting a little odd between us" Said Alicia with Iman walking beside her.

"Awkward? How?" The Combat raised her brow.

It's really strange for her to say something like this, throughout this whole mission, they couldn't stop talking about each other.

"Well, we stopped talking as much, we rarely call each other anymore, and he didn't really seem interested in me anymore"

She sighed, it's been some time since Ali approached her. They usually talk all the time, now he calls her once a few days and doesn't even look at her when she talks.

"Don't be ridiculous, so he stopped showing that much attention, but you're still his priority, i'm sure there's a perfect explanation for all this"

"You're right, i can't judge too soon, i'll wait for answers"

They both smiled at each other. The girls were entering MATA headquarters after a small mission of retrieving stolen weapons.

After passing all the security systems, they went up to the lounge room, a perfect place to chill after missions, MATA has two of these rooms in each building, each with a big space and comfortable environment.

All the rooms have similar features, mostly includes two sofas, beanbag chairs, a counter, pantries filled with snacks, a large screen tv and a glass wall for a great view of Cyberjaya.

"Hi girls! wanna watch a drama with us? It's the new one starring Mira Filzah!" Moon invited them, she was holding some popcorn from the pantry.

"Sure! I'm free for the rest of the day" Iman agreed.

"Great! i'll get more snacks, what about you, Alicia?" She turned and faced the Neuro.

"I'll join! Just give me a few minutes, i need to deliver these files back to the office" Alicia showed her the files she's holding as the inviso nodded.

"Alright, we'll see you inside" Said the young lady wearing a light grey sweater and a pink skirt.

She separated with them and took the elevator to another floor on top of the lounge room, Khai had been asking for these files, it seems important.

Walking through the halls, Khai's office was located not far away, maybe two or three rooms from the elevator.

"Excuse me, can i come in?" She stood near the open door. The Techno was seen sitting at his desk, programming a new MATA security system.

"Oh, hi Alicia, you're here with the files right?" He looked at her and gestured for her to come in.

She went inside and observed the messy office, it's quite spacious comfortable but awfully messy. A bunch of paperwork, unorganized stationary and files, even some hoodies on the floor.

"What's this? it looks like someone ate a room and threw it up" Alicia looked around and facepalmed seeing this train wreck.

"Ah, sorry. Ali and i had been so busy with trying to make an advanced program for the new security systems we barely had time to clean up" Khai apologized.