35. Unexplainable

Monday, 25 November 2030

"Ali, wake up sweetie"

An echo of a sweet voice was heard from the darkness. Light came in his eyes as the Techno lifts up his eyelids, revealing the same empty dimension.

Observing his surroundings one more time, he isn't scared to wonder around by himself. He's been here three times, surely the loving mother would be here again, waiting for him.

He sat upright. Hands rubbing his eyes, no one knows how long they have been shut. The boy got up and began walking nervously around the light blurry dimension he's in.

"This can't be real, i'm not wearing IRIS anymore" He repeated to himself.

His eyes narrowed as he gave a blank stare into one of the corners. Walking up some more, he decides to sit down and just wait for mother to turn up.

"Hello?"

He began to speak alone while hoping his mom would hear him. Its been a while since he has gotten here.

"Mama?"

He asked once again, out of boredom, he reached into his pocket for some gummies he bought at the airport, luckily he still has them.

Suddenly, he felt a warm hug from two hands wearing a light red clothing wrapped around his body, he felt warmth as he looked back, sure that the woman hugging him was Aliya.

He repositioned himself, turning around to see the face of his cherished mother, smiling warmly with sparkling eyes and rosy cheeks.

The boy's pupils dilated in enthusiasm to see his mother again. He smiled brightly whilst looking in her eyes, watching her giggle.

"Good evening Ali, how has my little boy doing?"

She asked with a gentle smile once again. Sitting down beside him, she was seen wearing an unusual outfit this time.

He looked up and down, eyebrows began to wrinkle and eyes lost at the sight of clothing the techno was wearing.

She was wearing the exact same clothes worn by Alicia, or at least that's what he thought. He couldn't recall to that situation, all he can remember was that he saw her looking just the same as Aliya.

"Wait, what's that?" He asked.

Pointing towards the outfit worn by his mother, she looked down and took a glance at herself before looking back at the boy.

"This? This is my old baju kurung that i loved so much. I used to wear it everyday"

She smiled, followed by Ali.

"So, anything new with my boy?"

She faced him and asked, he looked down as his smile turned into an uncertain facial expression. His hands were rubbing against his forehead trying to remember things.

"Yeah.. Alicia"

He muttered below his breath, causing lower her head down a bit to check on the 22 year old son pf hers.

"What's wrong?" One of her brows raised.

Lifting his knees, he wrapped both of his hands on them and began telling her whats going on inside his head.

"Well, she's different now"

He hugged his knees. Aliya gave an understanding smile as she pats his back, knowing what he meant by different.

"Do you not like her this way?"

She sat closer in order to comfort him. Knowing that he isn't unhappy with the new Alicia, he just needs some time to process the fact that she now looks exactly like his mother.