1. Newbie

"Y/n you don't have a choice, you're going to that school." Dad says.
"But dad it's the end of the school year." I protest.
"Well if you wouldn't of gotten expelled-."
"What would you have wanted me to do? Just sit there and let her say that?"
"You should've ignored her."
"She- actually it doesn't even matter what she said, you would still make it my fault because you clearly don't miss mom!" I yell filled with not only anger but disappointment in my father.
"Y/n-"
"No save it. I'm calling an Uber." I say grabbing my bag and walking out of the house. I walk for a bit before deciding to call the Uber. I wait for it to pick me up.

I just sit in the back seat resentful of having to be the new girl just before the school year ends.

I get to school and I get my schedule. I get to first period.
"Hello. Are you the new student?" A teacher asks me.
"Uh yeah." I say.
"I'm Mrs. Stevens."
"Y/n."
"Welcome why don't you take a seat by- oh he's not here, just take a seat over there by the empty desk." She says pointing to a desk.
"Okay." I say walking over and sitting down. She goes on and starts the class.

"As you may know we have a new student. Would you like to introduce yourself?" She says looking at me. I would not.
"Sure." I say standing up. "Well, I'm Y/n."
"Did you just move here?" Some random kid asks.
"Uh no, I actually came from Kook Academy but I changed schools."
"Why did you transfer?" Someone else asks. I don't want to have to explain that story.
"You can ask her questions later we have to start class." Mrs. Stevens says saving me. I sit back down. She starts the class.

The door bursts open and a tall blonde guy walks in.
"Mr. Maybank you're late." Mrs Stevens says looking at the guy.
"Yeah." He says walking over to her and handing her a pass.
"Why?"
"I didn't want to wake up." He says walking over and sitting next to me.
"Of course you didn't." She sighs.

This random guy might be the most interesting thing to happen today.

"Well, we're having a test today, but that should be no big deal since you guys know because you've been here." She says staring at the blonde guy. "Also Y/n you weren't here so don't worry, do your best." She says looking at me with a soft smile.
"What? She gets to miss school and you tell her that but I miss school and you get mad." The blonde protests. Oh my god is he serious?

"JJ, if you weren't late you would know that she's new here but you rarely show up." Mrs. Stevens says. So his name is JJ. The whole class bursts into laughter.
"Oh." He says annoyed. Everyone laughs more. He looks over at me and I raise my eyebrows at him, he gives me a side smile.
"Okay, since you guys caught me on a good day you can have 10 minutes to review your notes or study with the person next to you." Mrs Stevens says. Oh great I'm stuck with JJ.

"Okay, so what's the test about, do you know?" I ask him. He looks over at me like I'm crazy.
"I'm almost never here." He says.
"Yes, I know that but if you told me anything about this it would be helpful."
"It's math?" He says. Oh great. I sigh.

"Well, we have nothing to really talk about, so who are you mysterious new girl?" He asks.
"I'm Y/n. Y/n Y/l/n."
"Y/l/n?" He says mostly to himself as if thinking. "And where are you from? I feel like I know you."
"What's this, 21 questions?" I ask.
"It could be."

"Well, I went to Kook Academy." I say.
"Kook Academy? As in the school for Kooks?" He asks shocked.
"Yes, I suppose you could say that. And it was filled with all the preppy rich kids." I say.
"Why'd you leave?" He asks.
"Got expelled." I say chuckling nervously.
"No way." He says.
"That's 4." I say. He looks at me a second.
"Can you take alcohol?" He asks. I laugh. "What?"
"Yeah, I can." I say.

Mrs. Stevens walks to the front.
"Okay, that's all the time. Hopefully you were studying." She says. I look over at JJ and he smiles.

She hands out the tests. The questions are pretty easy. I finish pretty fast. I leave the paper on the table as I just reread everything.
"Psst." I hear JJ whisper next to me. I look over at him. "What's number 6?" He mutters. I roll my eyes softly, as I look back to my paper.
"A." I say back. He smiles.
"Thanks."

During lunch I walk into the cafeteria. I grab a plate. I look around trying to figure out where to sit.

"Yo! Y/n, newbie!" I hear a voice say. I look over. It's JJ with a few friends. "Come here." He says. I walk over. The guy with longer brown hair scoots over for me to sit. I sit down.

"This is the rich Kook." JJ says.
"I'm John B." The brunette says.
"Pope." The black haired one says.
"Y/n." I say.

"Do you know Kiara? She's 'sick' so she won't be here all week." John B says to me. I try to remember.
"Yeah kinda." I say remembering the girl who used to be friends with Sarah.
"She's a part of our group as well." Pope says. They begin to tell me all about their group.

I feel sorta envious that a group of people can care about eachother so much, to the point where they're like family. I crave it.

At the end of the day someone stops me.
"Hey." JJ says.
"Yeah?" I ask confused.
"We are having a party Saturday and none of us have a way to contact you." He says.
"Oh right." I say laughing. I pull out my phone.
"Here write your number in." I say. He grabs it and types something in. He hands me my phone back. I text him a "hey".
"Did you get it?" I ask.
"Yeah." He says smiling.
"Okay, well, just text me the details." I say.
"Okay, will do." He says.

(A.n: heyy so it's the first chapter and I don't know how to feel yet, but I promise it'll get better and there will be lots of drama.