chapter 2

"m'lady is just so- I MEAN- ladybug!! hah.. force of habit- I MEAN- from my dreams!! yeah!! my dreams!! haha.."
alya and nino weren't even suspicious.
they just smiled and laughed. too focused on each other to notice adrien's panic.
but.. m'lady?? that's what chat calls me.. that's what chat calls ladybug.. only chat and i know about our playful nicknames for each other.
all that i needed was to look up and to make direct eye contact with adrien to make me realise.. oh my gosh it's him.
"a-adrien.. can i speak to you for a moment.. in.. in private?"
alya's head sprung up. i guess she was kind of listening after all.
"uh.. yeah! sure y/n!" he was hesitant from confusion, but also curious.
we both stood up and alya winked at me.
she could've never guessed what i was about to do.
we began walking to somewhere more private when i heard manon and simon running up behind us.. ugh. they were spying on us!!
"go away manon!" i shouted. no response. "please? pretty please?"
oh no.. here come the puppy dog eyes. but this time, i couldn't give in.
i needed to do this and i certainly wasn't going to let a pair of puppy dog eyes get in my way.
after much more persuading and begging (and dealing with a temper tantrum), i finally managed to get manon and simon to leave adrien and i alone.
i was terrified for what i was about to do and i was in disbelief that i was even considering this..