Chapter 4

A few weeks later, Dan was nervous as he went to see his father. His father wasn't getting any better.

He bit his lip and entered the room.

"Hey dad." He said quietly, before sitting next to his bed. He rubbed his eyes a bit, before continuing. "They said that.. That they will need to.." He took a deap breath."Y'know pull the plug if.. If you don't go any better and they asked me to.. to come and say goodbye.. I just.. I don't want to loose you too, but I couldn't change their mind so.. I.. Well I guess it's the last time I'll see you.. So g-goodbye.." Dan said before breaking into tears.

Two nurses came in to tell him it was time. He nodded and got up as the nurse stopped the breathing aid. The heart monitor when flat as Dan realised that he had seen both of his parents die, right in front of his eyes.

He ran back home and on the rooftop, to find Phil already there as always.

Phil looked up and smiled. When he saw Dan with tears streaming down his cheeks, his smile faded and a worried frown appeared on his face.

"What's wrong?" He asked as Dan sat down next to him.

"They pulled the plug." Dan mumbled.

"Of your father?" Phil asked quietly and Dan nodded. "I'm so sorry." Phil wrapped his arms around Dan.

"What am I going to do now?" Dan mumbled into Phil's shirt.

"I don't know, but you have to keep strong, for your parents." Phil said as he unwrapped his arms from around Dan.

Dan nodded, before he and Phil sat back down.

"Was there anything else interesting that happened today?" Phil asked him softly.

"Well, I went to Clyde's home in the Buelic building and he presented me his family." Dan said.

"How were they?" Phil asked.

"Nice, I guess. His older brother is so weird, though." Dan chuckled.

"How so?"

"He doesn't like eggs, nor mayonnaise, nor nuts, like any nuts, and he's terrified of lizards." Dan said.

"Really?" Phil chuckled.

"Yeah, and his girlfriend's nice."

"Clyde's?"

"No, his brother's."

"How is she?"

"She has hair like the sunset."

"Orange?"

"Yes, orange hair and she kept offering me food."

"Yeah, that's nice." Phil said and Dan hummed.

"I don't want to go to school tomorrow." Dan said as he buried his head in his hands.

"But you have to." Phil said softly.

"I know."

"What if I take you to where I live, but only if you finish this year of school. Deal?"

Dan looked up quickly. "Really?" Phil nodded. "Then yes." Dan smiled wide.

"Good, now go to sleep, you have school tomorrow." Phil chuckled and Dan nodded before going off their roof and back into his appartment.