Chapitre 6

Soon after, they arrived at a reclusive section of the town, where no one wanted to live. There were long things coming out of the ground and brown stuff covering it. Dan felt proud to have remembered the name of that colour.

"Trees and earth." Phil said from beside him.

"What?"

"Trees" he pointed the long things. "And earth." He pointed the brown stuff on the ground.

"Oh." Dan said as Phil gripped his arm swiftly and led him through the trees to a large weird looking shack.

"Wait till you see the inside." Phil said as he saw Dan's confused expression.

When they entered, Dan couldn't contain his amazement. It looked as if they had found different pieces of furniture and placed them all together in a junky homely mess. It was mesmerising. It looked very old fashioned, but, in a way, still charming.

Phil chuckled as Dan gaped at the insides of the shack.

"Philly?" A female voice arose from somewhere.

"I'm coming" Phil yelled as he pulled Dan to the kitchen.

The voice belonged to a short, black haired and brown eyed girl with chocolate skin wearing an old oversized sweater and light blue jeans. When she saw Dan, she froze and looked over at Phil. "Who's that?" She asked carefully, eyeing Dan up and down.

"Dan." He simply said and her eyes light up.

"The Dan?" She asked more curious than suspicious.

Phil only nodded and she squealed, before running back from where she arrived.

"What was that about?" Dan asked Phil when He saw her disappear through the hallway.

"Nothing, she just gets excited easily." Phil chuckled

He took Dan's hand and led him further in the house. He opened a door to a room that had three beds inside.

"It's my bedroom, well a third of this room is." He chuckled and scratched the back of his neck.

"Who-" Dan was cut off by two boys running in front of them and into the room to shut the door in their faces.

"They are the other two thirds, if that was your question." Phil chuckled.

The boys got out of the room and closed the dorm quickly behind them.

"Hi!" They said at the same time.

"Hi?" Dan said in confusion.

"Don't worry they do that all the time. You'll get used to it." Phil chuckled and patted my back.

The two boys looked very similar, with the same long-ish blond-ish hair and the same blue-ish green eyes. They were both wearing matching t-shirts and black skinny jeans. The only noticeable difference between the two was that one of them was wearing big square glasses.

"I'm Dean." Said the one without the glasses. "And I'm Sean." Said the other one. "And we're twins." Sean said with enthusiasm before Sean hit the back of his head. "He already knew that, you imbecile, we're practically clones." Dean said with a clear tone of exasperation in his voice as Sean looked down sheepishly.

"Hum. What are twins? And clones?" Dan asked as he felt, once again, confused.

Dean looked at him with incredulity in his eyes whiled Sean smiled brightly at him.

"Twins are brothers born at the same time." Dean said as a matter-of-fact. "And I'm not even getting started on clones." He sighed.

"So you were born at the same time?" Dan asked incredulously.

"Yeah." Sean responded with a bright smile.

"How is that even possible?" Dan asked.

"Okay, listen wh-" Dean was cut off by the girl that they saw in the kitchen.

"It's time to eat boys." She exclaimed and all the boy's faces turned white, except Dan's who was very confused.

"You c-cooked?" Sean asked fearfully.

"Nah, I just grabbed a few of the leftovers we had and warmed them up." She chuckled and the three boys seemed relieved.

"She can't cook." Phil said quietly in Dan's ear.

Dan nodded, still confused, and followed the four to the dining room. He wondered how he could feel so at home in a place so confusing.

-----------------------

A few months later, Dan had to take another kind of test. A test that would define where he would go study for the next few years and his career after that. Everyone  was so very exited, of course he was too, but he didn't want to take the career test and end up with something that he considered boring, like underground railing operator, or something that'll make him have to go away from Phil, like lawyer, or even worse Colour Hunter, a job that consisted of erasing every colour from everywhere.

He sighed as he entered the elevator that led to the school. He soon felt himself squeezed in a corner of it with Clyde by his side. He smiled brightly at Dan and looped an arm around his shoulders.

"We're taking the career test today." Clyde sounded excited.

"I know." Dan forced himself to smile back at him.

"Aren't you excited?" Clyde asked.

"More nervous than excited." Dan responded.

"Oh, I get you. I felt the same way this morning, but now all the stress left and now there's only excitement." Clyde chuckled as he finished his sentence. "I hope I'll get to be a guard."

"I don't really mind what I'll get. I just don't want something lame." Dan tried to chuckle.

Clyde smiled widely at him before gently punching his shoulder. "Well, I'll be off then. Good luck." He said before leaving to his class.

Dan sighed as he watched him go. He looked back at the elevator and considered making a run for it, but didn't, because this was the most important day of his life, as they say. He sighed again as he made his way to his class with heavy feet and guts filled with dread.