0.15

Chapter 15: The Little Risks

I looked at Yuzuru, still in shock to see him. He's furiously brush his hands to the areas of his clothes where I wrinkled it due to the gripping earlier on. Some of his hair was stuck on his forehead because of sweat. Noticing this, I unknowingly wiped his forehead with hands.

Yuzuru stopped on his tracks like he turned into a stone once my hands touched him but he immediately snapped back to reality and pushed my hands away.

"What are you doing?" He said while backing away a few steps from me.

I stared at him, also confused on the reason why I did that. It must've been an impulse for me since I used to do this to Apollo ever since we were kids. I was so habituated to wiping my little brother's sweat that I acted unconsciously.

"It was a habit of mine?" I replied.

"Why aren't you sure? You must've wanted to take advantage of someone as helpless as me!" He dramatically said, taking a few more steps backward.

Knowing that he would escape any minute, I immediately dragged him closer to me. "You're trying to change the subject. Why are you here?" 

I just pulled him without thinking that I didn't notice the proximity of our faces. I loosened my grip on his shirt and stepped backwards. Yuzuru noticed this and before I could even catch up on him, he ran away. Bumping a few people on the way.

I ran after him and tried to match or even pace faster than him but its up to no use. He's taking steps much larger than me and I'm conscious around the people in our neighborhood. I tracked him down for a little longer but a car separated us, making me stop.

Watching his back disappear from my view, I mentally palmed myself. Why did I even follow him in the first place? I'm just wasting my energy here. I felt the heat take a toll on me as I stand on the side of the road, hands on my waist. I squinted my eyes to adjust to the brightness and noticed the road the leads back to my home. 

I have a long way back. Darn it.

***

"What took you so long?" Dad asked as soon as I stepped inside.

"I just met someone on the way back. We talked for a long time," Yuzuru and I didn't just talked. We freaking put on a chase for everyone in the neighborhood.

After drinking a glass of water, I went to shower to freshen up. The ice cream melted created a sticky texture around my arms. Plus, the sweat from my marathon with Yuzuru. I placed my phone at the glass case and turned on the music. 

I adjusted the temperature to cold so that I can cool off from the chase and the thoughts. Why would that brat be even here? He can't reason out that he's just passing by because he uses a car whenever he picks me up. Which means that his home is far from my house, not to mention the countless times I have to wait for him to pick me up.

Other than that, I can't find any other reasons to see him here, unless he knows someone from my neighborhood. That I can accept since I rarely go outside of the house. My inner thoughts keep saying that I found him here because he wants to talk to me but I pushed it aside. 

That man is full of pride that talking it out to me would not even be in his choices of trying to make it up for his jerk actions. 

I finished up washing and decided to pour out all my attention to working on my school works. At least in this way, my time is not wasted thinking about someone who clearly doesn't deserve it.