𝟹 | ᴛᴇᴀᴍᴍᴀᴛᴇs

-𝙁𝙖𝙩𝙚
chapter 3

༺═──────────────═༻

𝐅𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐤𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬 of the Hyuga compound. She had been training since dawn, and a long amount of time had passed as it was now late in the afternoon. They struck at each other, though without using their chakra. This was to prevent injuries resulting from gentle fist. That, and to preserve stamina. But despite this, she still suffered from exhaustion as her limbs ached painfully with every movement. As she outstretched her arm to strike him, she could just barely gather the strength to do so. He dodged this with ease.

"Your attacks are slow and predictable. Again," he ordered.

She attempted another strike, but to no avail. She tripped, losing her balance and nearly falling, as she struggled to catch her breath.

Though Hiashi trained her strictly, he was well aware not to go beyond her limits. This was specifically for the purpose that it would only harm her development in terms of skill. He knew exactly how much he needed to train her in order for her training to be most effective. And at this point, it was obvious that Fumiko had reached her limit.

"I had expected better from you," he said in a harsh tone, as he began to walk off.

But, I'm trying as best as I can.

Fumiko prepared one last strike. She charged at him, focusing every ounce of her energy on her form. As she reached for the attack, she outstretched her torso, extending her dominant leg in a slight lunge with her arm poised elegantly, extended in front of her. Her form had been perfect. Hiashi's expression looked almost impressed; even if it was only apparent in the slightest. For the first time, she was able to completely master her strike. But it was still not enough. Her well-prolonged training session had clearly begun to exhaust her abilities, which had become apparent in her movement. He merely tapped her arm, with such accuracy as to locate the most efficient point to strike for her to lose balance; and it was enough to propel Fumiko forwards. She collapsed onto the ground, gasping for air.

"Your training is done," Hiashi said sharply. Without a moment of hesitation, he then walked off.

"But-" she began before her sentence trailed off. Fumiko suddenly felt a sudden uneasiness flow through her, realizing that she could almost feel relieved hearing this.

━━━━━━━━━━━

It had now been 2 years since that fateful day. Fumiko had turned 6, soon to become genin in only a year's worth of time. She had become increasingly proficient in the gentle fist techniques, displaying promising talent for her age. Today would be the day she would finally graduate.

The classroom was as loud as ever. Everyone had been talking with their peers, arguing, and gossiping. Fumiko, however, kept to herself. She quietly sat at her desk, immersing herself into one of her books. When the teacher arrived, everyone was promptly hushed. The class immediately fell silent. Fumiko closed her book and set it off to the side. The teacher then spoke to the class.

"My name is Takahashi Habiki," he announced. "And I will now be announcing the names of all the graduating students, as well as the team they will be assigned to."

Fumiko waited anxiously in silence for her name to be called.

"Terada Izuki, Saito Haruki, and Ozaki Kozakura, you will be assigned to team 4."

I hope my name gets called soon.

"Next up, we have Sanaki Mizu, Sarutobi Teruma, and Inuzuka Yumi. You will be assigned to team 5."