Chapter 1- The Beginning

Elizabeth (Eliza) Jade McPhee was Nanny McPhee's daughter. All her life, she would go with her mother and help the disobedient children.

Some would call her a natural beauty, with platinum hair that cascaded down her back in slight waves and grey, stormy eyes. With rosy cheeks and pink lips, any other would be jealous.

Always doing as she was told. She was seemingly the perfect daughter. A certain elegance that radiated off her. She did everything with such elegance and kindness. Always gentle.

She never knew her father. It was always jus her and her mom together in a small cottage in the middle of nowhere in England. It was often times extremely boring as the 15 year old didn't have any siblings nor friends, for that matter.

While her mom would do her job in teaching the 5 lessons to the children, Eliza would usually take care of the youngest as it was easier.

She was raised on 3 rules:

1. Know your place. She couldn't discipline and had to make sure she never crossed the line

2. Do as you're told. Pretty self explanatory

3. Don't get attached. They have to leave soon enough anyways.

You see, Nanny McPhee never wanted her dear Eliza to go through a heartbreak such as she went through. Young love; so sweet, fragile, and innocent in such a cruel, cruel world.

It was the last Tuesday in July when she and Eliza were watching the crystal ball centered on the mahogany dining room table. They have been watching a troublesome family for about a week now. Studying them, not like rats and scientists, but observing their behavior; considering the possible plans and pranks the children would use to get rid of them.

The Browns were a family with 7 children and a single dad, as their mother passed not too long ago. They lived in a big house along with their scullery maid, Evangeline, and their cook, Mrs. Blatherwick.

The mother and daughter were watching as the Brown children had scared away the 17th nanny, Nanny Whetstone, who was said to be the strictest nanny, by 'eating the baby'.

"Now Eliza, we have work ahead of us. You must learn the names of all the residents in the house of Brown. Do you understand?"

"Yes Mother."

"Good. Now, the eldest is Simon, followed by Tora, then Lily, Eric, followed by the twins, Sebastian and Christiana, and lastly, Agatha, the baby."

"Simon, Tora, Lily, Eric, Sebastian, Christiana, and Agatha. Got it."

"Splendid, now pack your things. I suspect we'll be needed as soon as possible.

And with that, Nanny McPhee left to do some magic in another room.

*With the Browns*

Nanny Whetstone was said to be the strictest, toughest, and most fearless in all the land, but that seemed to go down the drain as she came running out of the house as the children had 'eaten the baby'.

Mr. Brown had just arrived to work, at the funeral parlor, thinking there was absolutely nothing his children could do to upset her.

That was until he heard her screaming.

"They've eaten the baby!" She exclaimed with the uppermost fear written across her face. And that was all it took for Cedric to run home.

Once he arrived, he slowly came up to the kids' door hearing quiet chatter and burps and giggles.