Sick Day pt 2

It was as though an electrical surge created a spark. A feeling she could only understand from the countless books she's read. The two made eye contact with widened eyes.

The children were all looking at eachother. Some with puzzlement and others with a knowing glint and small smirks upon their smug faces.

All of the sudden, Nanny McPhee was at the door holding a large bottle.

Elza quickly composed herself and stepped away from the boy.

Nanny McPhee then made Simon eat the black sludge

The black goo was on a spoon and making a thick, gloopy, and gurgling sound.

"Urgh!"

"Open." The elder woman demanded.

"Simon, don't!" Lily yelled out.

- [sludgy bubbling]

"I'm not taking that." Dimon said, quite disgusted after closer inspection.

"Then you will not get any better," said Eliza, trying to help her mother.

"Believe me." the girl continued.

"It's moving!" Chrissie cried.

"Open wide."

"Better do it, Simon." Eliza added.

"Wider."

Simon leaned forward giving it a sniff causing him to gag.

"Urgh!" He made a face, again.

He then to the medicine and proceeded to make more urgh noises and reached.

"Simon, spit it out!" wise little Eric yelled.

"You'll have to swallow it sooner or later," Eliza started.

"So I suggest you get it over with." Nanny McPhee finished.

With a big gulp, the young boy swallowed it, inevitably gagging once again at the repulsive taste.

"Very good. Who's next?" queried Nanny McPhee.

••• 
Later on, the children were inside and Nanny McPhee had just stumbled upon Evangeline attempting to read.

"Took... he... he took her lovingly... he took her lovingly by the...the hand."

"Oh! Nanny McPhee, you startled me."

"It was that quiet." the nanny stated.

"I just got to practising my sounds," Evangeline explained, "Lily's teaching me to read."

"That is good."

"They're all good... underneath it all."

Nanny McPhee then motioned the book.

"A favourite of yours?"

"Don't know,I haven't finished it yet."

"The stepmother's a bit of a horror, though." The younger woman added.