Chapter Two

“I wish I could be there to help you with all this” he said slow and deep.

“I’m fine, really” I insisted.

He sighed again, not believing me.

“If you really want to help you can finalize your guest list so I can give it to Dina” I told him.

“Me mum’s taking care of that. The list went from my friends and family to her friends and family” he smirked.

I chuckled.

“Yeah, it seems my mom wants to invite every person I’ve ever met. She called me yesterday saying so far she had 300 on the list” I giggled.

“300?! That’s mental!” he said with wide eyes.

I laughed.

“Yeah, so I gave the list to Veronica and she leveled it down to 154” I went on.

He nodded.

“You thought about your dress at all?” he asked after a short break of silence.

I shook my head.

“I haven’t thought about much outside of this stuff lately” I mumbled, motioning to the papers.

“I haven’t thought about much besides you” he said cheekily, earning a small smile from me “there’s the smile I love” he continued making me laugh.

“Have you talked to the guys about being your groomsmen?” I asked after I’d stopped laughing.

“Yeah, they were beyond ecstatic when I told them about it. They’re starting to suck up, trying to persuade me to choose them as my best man” he explained with a smirk.

“Yeah, well I was wondering why Tom was calling and asking which member was your favorite” I told him.

            We must have talked for a good two hours, some about the wedding and some about nothing in particular. I could easily tell as time passed he grew more and more tired. It was getting late in America and I was supposed to be finalizing flowers and venues, but I just couldn’t. I would never tell him this, but it didn’t feel right making all these decision without Nathan by me.

“Nath, go to bed, I know you’re tired” I told him as his eyes began to droop.

He finally gave in.

“I’ll call you as soon as I get a spare minute” he told me, stifling a yawn.

“I’ll be waiting” I replied.

“I love you” he said in a playful tone yet with a deeper seriousness in his eyes.

“I love you too” I replied, blowing him a kiss before disconnecting.

            After my little break I felt more energized and ready to confront this papers and emails. Veronica had told me that this was supposed to be the easiest part of the planning and as the set date came closer, the harder this would become. Nathan would be home next week, which meant we could get more done as a couple instead of me having to look over papers and texts and emails by myself. I had a vague image of what I wanted on my special day and Nathan would help make it clearer when he came back home. I could do this…