Chapter Six

“Yes, mom, I’m getting the invitations ordered right now” I sighed, sitting in the kitchen with my laptop.

“Are you sure everything’s spelled right, is the date correct?” she asked.

“Yes, mom” I smiled weakly, amused with all her fussing.

            I’ve been on Skype with my mom for the past hour, hearing her fussing over details for the wedding. She kept listing off places we’ve vacationed in for potential honeymoon spots. I put the kettle on, since Nathan would be up soon. When he came home jetlagged, I always knew he’d be up earlier than usual. Just as the water began to boil I heard Sid barking up the stairs, meaning my boyfr- fiancé was awake. The world still felt foreign to my tongue.

            I poured a cup of tea, adding in what Nath usually took and sat back down, continuing my chat with my mother,

“What about the boys, have they gotten their tuxes fitted?” she asked, leaning in closer than she needed to be to the camera.

I smirked.

“Yes, mom, their fitting is next week before they go to Singapore” I nodded.

“And favors? Have you even thought about favors?” she gasped, reading off her checklist that she found online.

“Dina’s looking into that for me” I nodded again.

“Morning love” Nathan yawned, coming into the kitchen in only flannel bottoms.

“Morning” I smiled, motioning to the cup of tea that sat beside me.

“You’re amazing” he smiled sleepily, scooping up the cup in his hands before standing behind me and kissing my cheek.

“Hello, Nathan” my mother beamed.

“”Oh” he gasped, hiding his bare chest by standing more behind me, resting his head on my shoulder “hello, Mrs. Fey” he said respectfully.

“Oh, we’re practically family” she shook her head with a smile “call me Jennifer”

“Jennifer” he nodded, the word obviously feeling strange on his tongue.

“Have you two bought your wedding bands, yet?” she asked, going back to business.

“No, we’re doing that today” he answered for me with a lazy smile.

“Oh, alright” she smiled.

“Well, mom we’ve got to get ready, I’ll talk to you later” I said, ready for a shower and to get out of the house.

“Alright, I’ll email you the updated addresses before lunch” she said before disconnecting.

I groaned, shutting my laptop.

“My mother has never pestered me so much” I sighed, rubbing my temples.

“She only wants everything to be perfect” Nathan chuckled, kissing my shoulder.

“I’m taking a shower” I sighed, running a hand through my hair before getting up.

“Can I join?” Nathan questioned cheekily.

“Maybe another time” I winked before dashing upstairs.

“I’ll hold you to that” he called after me.

“I bet you will” I laughed before going into the bathroom and taking a desperately needed and very refreshing shower.

            When I stepped out, I wrapped a towel around me and stepped into the chilly bedroom. Nathan was sprawled out on the bed with Sid by his side, on his laptop. He glanced at me before taking a second look, his eyes linger like they always did,

“You’ve seen it all before” I smirked, going into the closet to find clothes to wear.

“It’s like the first time every time” he replied, coming into the closet to collect his own clothes.

            He purposely brushed past me, even though there was plenty of room, his hand grazing my bum as he leaned over to kiss my cheek. Of course, the dog had to follow him in and then there really wasn’t enough space,

“Out boy” I chuckled, grabbing my things and waving the dog back into the bedroom.

“You’d better have left me some hot water” my fiancé spoke, throwing his clothes on the bed.

“Of course I did, don’t I always?” I asked innocently, a teasing tone in my words.

He rolled his eyes before shutting the bathroom door behind him.

            I pinned up my still wet hair and applied my favorite scented lotion and other skin products before pulling on my undergarments. I settled on jeggings and a new spaghetti strap top with a cute design. I started digging through the closet for my boots, settling on my black knee highs. My hair had just dried under the blow dryer when Nathan came back out, always looking sexy with wet hair. I smirked, pretending to focus on my hair as he dried his hair with a towel,

“I saw that” he smirked, coming up behind me and holding me.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” I shrugged, setting my brush down.

“Of course you don’t” he mumbled against my neck.

“Have you even realized that the boys are downstairs?” I asked, changing the subject.

“No their not” he replied, holding my hair back and kissing my neck.

I pressed my finger to his lips, causing him to stop.

“Listen” I whispered.

            As we both went silent, I could faintly hear the sound of something frying downstairs as well as the TV on low. I could hear Sid’s collar jingling as he moved about and the slight sound of voices,

“I told you we shouldn’t have given them keys” he groaned, resting his forehead against my shoulder.

I chuckled as he stepped away to get dressed.

            I finished fixing my hair and applied a casual amount of make-up before sitting on the bed and pulling on my boots. Nathan pulled a snapback over his wet hair and heading downstairs just as he threw a chain on his neck. I rolled my eyes, grapping his wallet and his jacket, since he forget them again. Slipping my phone in my back pocket, I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs, where Jay and Max were, Max cooking and Jay watching TV,

“Please, come in” I said sarcastically as they each pecked me on the cheek.

“Well, you didn’t answer the doorbell or your phones” Jay shrugged.

“So that means you just walk in?” Nath asked, dropping down next to Jay on the couch.

I tossed him his wallet and jacket.

“Thanks, love” he said with a sheepish grin.

“So, where are you two headed off to?” Max questioned, noticing our clothes.

I perched on the armrest closest to Nathan.

“Wedding band shopping” I answered as Nath amused himself with my fingers.

“Fun” Jay mumbled sarcastically.

“Better than nothing” Max shrugged.

“Do you two plan on staying here all morning?” I asked, taking note of how comfortable they had made themselves.

“All morning, psh, all day, love” Max smirked playfully.

“Well, feed the dog for me, will you and please don’t make a mess” I requested just as Nathan and I walked out the door.