chapter 2

who should blakely be closer with? or should she be equally close to both of them?

(also i feel like this is the best piece i've ever written in general, let me know ur thoughts!)

POV no one: Both girls finished up their day and then went to the office to get more information on the 11 year old. They took some pictures of her file that had some good information and left. When Maya and Carina were home they got started on their new project. The information they gathered was some of Blakely's favourite things. This included...
fav colour: light pink & grey
fav animal: monkeys and sloths
fav book: five feet apart
spare time activities: crafts like making bracelets and clothes

With the help of the fire crew they were able to set a room up for Blakely. The walls were grey, the bed was white with a white duvet. There was a nice warm light pink blanket at the end of the bed, the pillows were pink and in front of the pillows there was a stuffed monkey. There was a desk beside the door and the nightstand beside the bed. Everything was perfect. Now it was time to adopt her.

POV Maya: We were on our way to the orphanage to adopt Blakely, I was super nervous because I feared she wouldn't like me. Of course I knew things would be hard and different for her seen as how she would be in a new place with people who actually care. Both Carina and I know that she won't believe us when we tell her we care, but we will remind her every day until she believes it.
"Maya, Maya....we're here" Carina said while poking my arm. I jumped out of my thoughts and looked at her.
"Take a deep breath ok?" she spoke. I took a few deep breath's and then said I was ready to go. We walked in and I saw how bad this place was, Carina and I walked up to the front desk and asked to see all the 11 year olds.
"Of course, there's 15 of them in total" Miss Hannah said to us. Once she got all the kids lined up we scanned each face looking for Blakely's but we didn't see her. I quickly counted how many kids were in front of us and only saw 14.
"Excuse me, I thought you said there were 15 kids in the 11 year old age category. How come i'm only seeing 14?" I asked with a little bit of anger in my voice. Miss Hannah then went to grab Blakely and out of the corner of my eye I saw her slap Blakely.
"Great, Miss Hannah, we will be adopting Blakely today. Where's the paperwork?" while I filled the paperwork out with Carina, Blakely went upstairs to gather her things. When she came down she had the backpack she took to school and a little plastic bag holding a hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste.
"Oh bella, don't you have anything else?" Carina asked sympathetically
"No this is all I have, also my name isn't 'Bella' it's Blakely."
"Oh sweetie I knew that, you see, i'm Italian and in my language bella means beautiful" Carina spoke trying to clarify Blakely. Once she said that Blakely looked away and a giant blush came upon her face, it's almost like she hasn't been told that before.
"Well, we should get going!" I said talking to my new family. Carina nodded in response and Blakely trailed behind us. When we got to the car I opened the door for Blakely and asked if she wanted me to put her stuff in the back, she just shook her head and held her belongings tighter as if we were going to take them. The ride home was silent and when we made it home Blakely's eyes widened at the house.
"It's so big" she mumbled
"Do you wanna see your new room?" Carina asked. The only response we got was a gentle nod but then Blakely spoke up.
"Umm do you guys have a basement?"
Carina and I were both very confused by this question until it finally clicked, her file.
"Yes sweetheart we do have a basement but it's filled with my work out stuff" I made sure to speak softly and calmly so she knew she was safe and we were telling the truth.
"Ok." she said quietly. We got started
with the tour, showing her the kitchen, living room, backyard, laundry room, bathrooms, our room, and finally her room. When she walked in she looked up and said "Is this for me?"
"Of course it is bambina" my beautiful wife spoke. Blakely looked around admiring every little thing and we then told her we had one more surprise.
Carina handed her a phone and plugged it in to charge on her nightstand.
"Why are you doing this?" Blakely asked with confusion.
"Doing what?" I responded, equally as confused.
"This" she said gesturing to the room and everything. "Being nice, adopting me and all that" she continued.
"Oh bella, we did it because we want you to be apart of our family, we want to show you what it's like to have a family and be loved" Carina softly spoke.
"But no one just does nice things cuz they feel like it. They always want something in return." I knew what Blakely was getting at. She was trying to see if we really meant it, this was a test. I needed to reassure her so I said
"Well we're different, we don't want anything in return from you, we want to show you what a family is. We want to take care of you when your sick, go out for family meals, celebrate birthdays and holidays, go on trips, we are here for the good, the bad and everything in between."
Blakely gave no response to this so Carina suggested that we leave her to get set up. The second we closed the door I heard small sniffles and it broke my heart. I was determined to show this girl what a family was.