Missoni Heiress: chapter one

--Hey! since there's no class for a couple of days because it's Christmas and, soon, New Years, I figured I'd devote my time into doing something productive. :D By the way, my English isn't the best yet because it's not my native language. :) haha.

**

"Hey, give me anything on your menu." I smiled at the cute cashier. Blonde hair, eye catching smile. His name tag, "Jay". He asked me to pay and I gave him the money plus a generous tip. I gave a friendly and sweet smile. I was stunned when he gave me a serious look.

"I'm gay." He said, lamely. I came on too strong to him, I guess. I put both hands up.

Jay's obviously gonna turn into a one hot and handsome man when he gets older. Right now, he looks about my age. I'm twenty turning twenty-one this March first. To tell you the truth, I'm not happy getting older and older. I grabbed my coffee and smirked at gay Jay.

It was four a.m on New year and I was on a twenty-four Starbucks outside the hotel I was living at. I sat on a chair by the window; it was always my favorite spot. I liked looking at what was going on outside.And I like the way the passer bys look at me. Some give me serious looks while others, even women, wink at me.

But there wasn't anything or anyone to stare at. The street looked deadboring. It was a little too quite though. And I didn't like silence and never will.

The beginning of a new year is not the best time for me, I admit. It reminds of the major drama that happened three years ago. If I get reminded about New Year's, I intantly get a flashback.

I used to live in Milan, Italy with my whole family. I have my parents, our turtles, my grandparents from both sides, our housekeepers, and I used to have four brothers. Two of my brothers died tragically.

Three months after that accident, I moved out of our house. I had enough money to go to California and start a new life and probably finish college with a course of my choice. My parents were shocked when they found out.

Two weeks later, they had me under their roof again. I didn't want to be so attached to them. I've always wanted to be independent. I want to learn how to survive on my own. I want to work hard and be proud to look at my first paycheck.

I told mom about this. Of course, the witch didn't approve and so did my father. Instead, my super workaholic parents gave me a proposition. My life here in Milan is pretty much alike with my life in California except that I didn't have my parents breathing down my neck and pressuring me to finish school.

My parents are neurotic and that's probably because most of the time; sleep deprivation is their number one problem. They pretty much have planned my life probably since I was just an itch in my daddy's pants.

--

I hope you like reading it. :) hoping to get your votes and, you know, comments. :D