Chapter 3

_________________
(A/N: The dress is the top image, but feel free to imagin it in your own way.

Trigger warning: cutting, swearing and mentions of blood.)

Two days have passed. Robin has been locked in one of the guests rooms until the trial begins in an hour. Nervous, she slips the dress Veronica let her borrow, on. It was a pale dark blue. It had mesh over the skirt and and puffed out sleeves. Silk clothing laced the underneath of the mesh. Flower embroidery displayed on the top half of the dress with a thick band of fabric to separate the top of the dress and the skirt. On Robin, it went down to mid thigh. Veronica gave her a pair of small shorts to put underneath the dress as well. Just in case. Robin put her hair into a twisted half up half down. Placing a white flower crown on top of her head, she put on the black flats that was given to her by Lotus from a while back. Looking at herself in the mirror she took a deep breathe. The newly found wings hung on her back loosely. The dress had an open back so they hung to her. Her misty blue eyes matched the dress quite well. Her hair stood out a little but it fit together. Standing up, she notified the guard. They headed down to a small clearing about four hundred metres away. They walked in silence. The guard stopped and handed her a white flower.
"This is for the trial. You must place it in the dish before slitting your palm."

Without another word, he walked towards an area covered in flowery vines. Pulling back some of them, he made an entry. Motioning for Robin to head on through, She obliged. There was a path lit up by glowing mushrooms, fireflies flew around as they dimly lit the inside of the cave. Small drips of water were caught in small plates underneath them. At the end of the path was a dish on a quarts pillar, surrounded by flowers.

King Damien and Veronica stood about two metres away from the pillar. They wore pale yellow clothes. Veronica had the same form of dress Robin had, but the sleeves went off shoulder and it went down towards her knees. She had a gold coloured belt and a shiny gold crown. Her father wore a very pristine black suit with a gold under shirt. He wore his thick gold crown on his head. King Roman and Queen Diane stood at the end, behind the dish and pillar. They wore pale blue and dark purple clothes. Queen Dianes dress covered her feet. The mesh created a little trial behind her as her dress had no sleeves. But two semi circles to cover her breasts. The back was removed like Robins so her wings could be let down. Her hair put into a tight bun on top of her head. Flowers embroided into the bun. Her tiara went behind her ears, it had diamond engravings and gold brim. Kind Roman wore a pale blue suite, with a dark purple undershirt. His wings poking out the back. Ruffles flowing put of the opening in the jacket. His crown of gold layed on his head. His hair tied in a small high ponytail.

Robin walked forward slowly, flower in hand. Gulping, she stood in front of her, presuming, parents.
"Welcome everyone. Today marks the day Robin, proves to us she is of royal blood. If she proves to be fake, then an execution will be held the next day. Any objections?"
Pausing for a brief moment, he spoke again.
"We will slit our palms as to compare the similarities."
A guard came and handed a blade to the King. He slit his palm with one swift movement. Squeezing his hand into a fist, blood drilled into the bowl. The moon above head peaked into the cave, and into the bowl. The blood that was once a rich red, became a shiny silver. He then handed the blade to Robin. Since the Queen married into the royal family, she did not have the silver blood. Robin took the knife gracefully.
"Now, Robin, place the flower in the pool of blood."
She did as she was told, the flower once white, became a silvery colour. Drenched in the blood of the king. Robin took a quick breath as she slit her palm. Letting the blood fall onto the flower. Then, removing her hand from blocking the moon. The blood sizzles as it's red colour deteriorated. It became a silver colour. Robin let out a breathe she did not know she was holding. All was silent.
"Your majesty, may I heal your hand?"
Robin asked, breaking the silence. Thinking, he decided to trust her and held out his bleeding palm. Slowly, she put her non bleeding palm over his, and began to heal him. Green light emitted from her palm, sealing the wound close. She let his hand go and began to heal her hand. The King looked at his no longer scarred hand. Than back up to his child.