Chapter 4

_____________
The sun rose. As did Veronica. So now, she is shaking Robin, trying to wake her up from her slumber.
"Five more minutes."
She mumbled, rolling over. Vee thought for a moment before going to the bathroom, grabbing a cup of cold water, then throwing it onto her face.
"Wakey Wakey sunshine!"
As Robin quickly rose, she shuddered. Looking at her best friend with a deathly glare. Looking around, Valentine was still sleeping. She got lucky.
"Now, let's get ready for training. I asked the King and Queen so we will be fine. They even wrote us a note." Holding up the letter, she waves it around. Veronica is dressed in a sports bra and singlet, with camo track pants. Her shoes were just combat boots. Clothes were on the drawer, with a note that said 'For Robin, from Mother'. Smiling, Robin headed into the bathroom and took a quick shower. Washing her body with the nearest body wash. Then, she dried herself with a white towel. She then slips on the sports bra, a black singlet, and green camo tracks. With white socks. The same outfit as Vee. Drying her hair, she put it in a short ponytail. Then brushing her teeth quickly.

"Okay, I've got a bag for us so it's fine."
Tossing her an apple, Robin eats it and puts her shoes on.
"What about Valentine?"
He was still sleeping soundly.
"His butler will wake him up. Eat that quickly, we need to hurry."
Stuffing down the apple, they make their way through the halls, fast walking. Going past paintings and little potteries. Many doors aligned on th we walls. Signs she could not read as they walk past them at a fast pace.
"Okay, let's run there. I have the letter so we will be fine."
Running, Robin followed her around the castle. She could hear yelling and clashes of wood. The training grounds came in view. People on one in one training, sword practice, magic area. Anything you could need. We start to slow down and come in front of a tall man. About 6 foot. A scar from his right cheek, going down past his neck. Bald head. It was shiny too.

"May I help you two?"
He spoke. Sounded like he needed water.
"Ah, we are here to train with your soldiers."
Handing him the letter, he read through it and nodded.
"Fine. One on one training. I want to see how you two fight. OI! Mark and James, get off. We have new comers."
He yelled very loudly. Veronica winced a little. Two boys got off a black fighting platform. They saluted to the sargent. Everyone gather around the stage as the two girls got on. Getting into a fighting stance, they waited.
"Magic is not allowed, if you get knocked off the platform or pinned down for more than three seconds, your out. Ready, and, Now!"
The sargent called. Veronica and Robin circled around, fists up. Veronica charged at Robin at a very fast pace, first clenched and aiming for her jaw. Robin back flipped away and stayed on her hands. Veronica kept her distance, keeping low to the ground. Robin layed flat on her stomach as she hoisted herself towards Veronica, attaching herself to the girls side. Punching Robins jaw, Robin proceeds to wrap her leg around Veronicas, curling her leg down and bringing her to the floor. Grabbing Veronicas arms, she pinned one to her back and the other above her head. She placed her knee to her back and her right foot to the back of vees right leg.
"One! Two! Three! KO!"
The students called. They cheered as Robin got off of Veronica.
"You went easy on me."
Robin laughed, giving her a hand up.
"Excuse you, I haven't seen those fighting moves so I was surprised."

They get off the platform, and on to the dirt. The sargent looking down on them.
"I must say, I have not seen moves like that in a long time. Miss Veronica, I recognise you aren't used to our battle styles so I will settle you in a different category. As for you, Miss Robin. The King asked if I could train you in you magic. Veronica, head to the archery range."
Saluting, They parted ways. Veronica went over to the archery range as Robin followed the sargent toward the magic arena.
"Now, show me what you can do."
Robin nods as she walks a few meters in front and turns to face him. She bends down and places her hands on the ground, closing her eyes. Breathing in, her eyes become fully white. Water began extracting from the dirt. The ground shook a little as roots became a little pillar, then a bowl. Like a bird bath. Tightly secured, the water lowered into the vessel. Once that was done, the ground built up around it. The air spinning. She decided to stop as the dirt became a big clump and the wind made a whirlpool in the water. Closing her eyes once more, she exhaled and her eyes returning to normal.
"There wasn't any fire, and I can do a little more but I think you get the idea."
Scratching the back of her neck she stood. The sargent just looked at her.
"What else can you do?"
He said shakily.
"May I?" She gestured to touch his shoulder. He nodded as her eyes became a hazy purple.
"Spin around three times, quack, the return to normal. And forget that you said quack."
"Yes.."
She stepped back as he began to spin. One, two and three. He then let out a large quack. Students laughed a little as they watched them. Shaking his head he looked at the girl in front of him.
"And you can manipulate fire as well?" He tried to appear calm.
"Mhm. Basically, I can manipulate anything that comes natural to the world. So the elements and animals."
Smiling, he told he to just practice whatever she felt necessary. Noting to tell his superiors. The King and Queen.
___________