friends

I don't want you like a best friend.
-
"Romanoff on your left." She turns as a masked man runs behinds her and lands a punch right between his eyes. I just watch, it's more of a stare. My stares broken when I hear a faint yell. "Amelia behind you!" I look behind me with my hands up ready to fight, but I look down to see a man on the ground and look back up to a not so happy super soldier. "You're welcome, Johnson." I let out a nervous laugh and look down and the man, "Sorry Rogers." He rolls his eyes and walks away. There I go again, messing up another mission because of my staring problem.

As we all head back to the avengers compound I try to keep my eyes in front of me. One look at her and i could end up dead under a car. When we make it back I go straight to my bedroom. I undressed and headed for the shower. Before I made it to the bathroom and I hear a knock on the door. While heading over to the door I throw a robe on. I open the door to see the red head in-front of me. My eyes immediately go to the ground, being that i'm partially naked. "I can come back later if you want." I look at her and smile. "No no it's fine, come in." Before I could finish my sentence she was already on my couch. I walk over to my fridge and throw a water bottle towards her. Grabbing one for myself, I sit down next to her. She takes a sip of the water and turns to me. She had a weird expression on her face but i couldn't make it out. "What happened today?" I bit my lip out of nervousness. I shake my head and make eye contact with Nat. "I- I don't know." I let out a quiet laugh. I know exactly what happened. "You didn't even try to use your powers when that guy came at you Mel. You just put your hands up like all you can do is punch someone." I look down and my hands which begin to glow purple. I never understood why she calls me Mel, well it is in Amelia but it doesn't make sense. Although i'm not complaining, i'm used to amy. Mel sounds good when she says it. "I forgot?" I shrug while Nat laughs. "Yeah if i could shoot purple balls out of my hand i'd forget too." I laugh as i take a sip of my water. There's a moment of silence, fairly long. But I all I did was just look at her. No words were said but it felt like a conversation. It wasn't one of those awkward silence things, the silence felt nice. Shortly after the silence is broken when I hear Nat take a deep breath in. I look down and back at her. "Well i'll let you get on with your, shower i'm assuming?" I nod. "No worries, you can stay if you want. I can hop in real quick and we can go out or something when i'm done." As I stand up she looks at me. "Alright then, i'll wait here."

As I get in the shower I try to get done as quick as possible. I know that Nat's waiting for me. I'm in the middle of washing my hair when I hear the bathroom door open. I jumped out of fright and let out a faint, short scream. "It's just me." I hear her voice. "Hi?" I asked. The curtain opens and I turn my back towards it quickly. "Mel where's your remote?" "Oh I'm not naked or anything." Nat laughs. "Nothing I haven't seen before." I turn my head over my shoulder to look at her with a straight line on my mouth. I see her smirking. "Kidding." I roll my eyes and turn back to face the wall. "In my nightstand." I hear Nat close the shower curtain. "Thanks!" I turn back once I hear the door shut. A couple minutes later I finish my shower, I wrap one towel around me and another in my hair. When I walk out Nat turns and looks at me. Her eyes go down then back up. "You going out like that." She said with a smirk. "Yeah, why you don't like it?" I throw my arms out to side and do a spin. "I mean i'd rather you wear nothing but that works to." I turn my head in embarrassment and Nat laughs. I grab a dress from my closet. "Dammit." I turn to Nat with a straight line on my mouth and she smirks at me.

I walk out of the bathroom with a short, tight champagne colored dress. My hairs curled and I put on some makeup. I noticed Nat must've gone to her room to change being that she wasn't on my couch anymore. I grab and small black purse and high heels which I struggle to put on while i'm walking at the door. I go next door to Natashas room and before I knock the door opens. I see her standing there. I look her up and down. No words come out of my mouth but my eyebrows raise. She wearing a bright red dress, it made her hair look like a darker red than it was. As she turns I notice that the zipper is open. Without saying anything I walk into her room and shut the door behind me. I go up to her as she's gathering her stuff and begin to zip up her zipper. I assume I startled her because she shot up quickly. After I zipped it she turned and our faces are nearly touching. I take a step back and she takes one forward. As she leans in I close my eyes. I hear jangling behind me so i open my eyes and looked to see her holding keys. "What? You want a kiss or something?" I laugh, nervously, she smirks. I think she knows. She walks to the door and opens it. Making a hand gesture toward the door, "After you." I walk out and she follows behind.