CHAPTER 16: WHO'S THE FATHER?

Ashera POV

No one wants to break the silence that prevails over us today. Steffan let out a deep sigh before speaking.

"What are you up to now?" While looking straight at me. What am I up to ?, I don't know what to do. I still can't shake the fear that my parents will reject me.

".now ahmm I don't know yet" I said with difficulty. I can’t say the very point of what I want to say. I feel something stuck in my throat.

After I said that another angel passed by, I was almost deaf to the silence that prevailed between us. But I chose not to say anything and just keep quiet.

"can I ask?" steffan asked me after he touched me. I smile at him and nod, saying that 'ask me anything you want' which I regret. I didn't know that this was what he wanted to ask.

"Who's the father?"

"p-pardon?" The trembling in my chest reached heaven. I hope I misheard please, please.

"Who's the father, ashera" the authority could be heard in his voice as if if you violate there is a punishment waiting for you afterwards.

I stared into his eyes with doubt, even though he was my friend I couldn't help but worry. what if she tells mom that I'm pregnant?

I can't ... I don't want to ... I want mommy to always be by my side. I don't want to disappoint my mom.

"don't worry I won't tell aunt ae, if that's what you're worried about." I could see the sincerity in his eyes as if to say I believe in him.

I was about to speak when the door opened and y-yohan— b-brother was spit out. I smiled because I knew in myself that I missed him, but I immediately disappeared when I saw that he was with a woman and they were holding hands.

🎶Tuwing makikita ka🎶
🎶Ang damdamin ay hindi mapigilan🎶

w-what does it mean? ....

why am i hurting? ....

why is there a part of my heart that hurts ...

I can't see him happy with others ..

with others and not me ..

🎶Lahat ibibigay sayo🎶
🎶Na walang alinlangan🎶

They walked straight up, he didn't even greet me, or even look at me for a second.

"You're crying again" while wiping the ... tears?

I'm crying? I didn’t even feel it. Why am I crying? What if he is with another woman ?. This is what I want, right?

Dire-diretso silang naglakad papuntang itaas, hindi man lang nya ako kinamusta, o tapunan man lang ng tingin.

🎶Sana'y bigyan naman ng pansin🎶
🎶Ang puso kong ito🎶

"Is he?" Sad smile cross his lips. But it also disappeared immediately and was replaced by a sweet smile.

"W-what? ..." I asked him confused. I couldn’t get what he wanted to say.

"Is he the father of your unborn child?" No doubt he asked. I almost nodded but I immediately shook my head.

"I-i don't know either ..." I paused. Im sorry baby if mom lies ahh.

🎶Hindi na magbabago ang puso ko🎶
🎶Ako'y magmamahal sayo ooh... ohh...🎶

Steffan frowned as he looked at me. "What did you say?" While holding in my hands.

"It's ... j-just a o-one night s-stand"

Brandon POV

"Hindi mo parin ba sasabihin sa kanila?" Tanong ko kay aeyra na busy sa pagpirma ng mga dukomento.

Ngunit ni isang sagot o tango ay wala akong nakuha sa kanya. Mukang wala talaga syang balak sabihin.
Ako ang naaawa para sa mga anak nya at sa mga anak ko.

Lalabas na sana ako ng bigla syang magsalita.

"Don't even try to tell them if you don't want to ruin us all at once." She was cold.

Steffan POV

"Pack up and we'll leave tomorrow morning" I told her and she smiled and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you very much steffan. Because you granted me my request, I don't know what I would do if you weren't by my side" she said dramatically. How much does it really cost to be pregnant? HAHAHAHAH. Amazon woman turn into a bounceful kind woman ?, nice one.

"Yes, so pack up and go to sleep. Our flight is still early" he kissed her forehead. "Good night" I can still see the joy in her eyes as she says the words.

I hope you are always like that.