𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

┌─────────────────┐

"𝙎𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙜𝙤 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙚𝙩𝙡𝙮, 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙗𝙖𝙩 𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙮, 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠"

└─────────────────┘

𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟑𝐫𝐝, 𝐓𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲

Their current location, or the 'Evil Russian Base' as the group had so kindly dubbed it, was humid. None of them had felt it at first, too distracted by the exhilaration of their impending doom, and if anything the dim blue lighting and steel walls made it feel cold and frigid, but they were certainly well aware of the heat now. It was more than likely the combination of several miles of walking and absolutely no food or water intake in the last ten hours. Less than ideal circumstances, and both Valerie and Erica made a commendable effort to point it out.  

Yet, that didn't deter the more adventurous half of the teens. Apparently no amount of dehydration, nor the immensely uncomfortable sensation of clothes sticking to sweat-soaked skin was an appropriate enough reason to haul their asses back to the elevator — the plan Valerie was initially under the impression would take place. 

No, the brunette had wildly misinterpreted Robin's intentions when she dug out the key card, only to stuff it in her pocket for later, as if it was a mere afterthought. Her head swivelled in the direction of a staircase, blonde hair frizzed from the unbearable humidity and blue eyes alight in a look Valerie knew all too well. Quickly after, the taller girl darted for it. 

There was no cure for curiosity, and it was blazing in Robin's eyes, clear as day, and Valerie just knew there was no way they were going to leave now, there were plenty more questions to be answered. Valerie never felt the need for everything to be answered, there were some things that were better avoided, but she couldn't say whether or not this was one of them. She had somewhat come to one conclusion however. She was sure Robin Buckley was going to be the death of her.

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐆𝐋𝐄𝐃 immensely to process the sight in front of her. It was far too surreal, and she had to avert her gaze for a moment. There was a tightness in her throat from the flood of emotions that surged through her. Tears stung her eyes and she blinked them back, she wasn't sure if it was from the reminder of the previous year's events or the realisation that it was all going to happen again. 

Though her less than ideal wake up call to the inner evils of Hawkins had only been relatively recent compared to the younger teens, the experience had changed her life indefinitely, staining the walls of her mind, seeping into her dreams-turned-nightmares. The once small, safe town of Hawkins where she'd spent her life was a dark never-ending hell in disguise  — until now, because now she could see the gates to hell, fuck, it was right there in front of her, blood red and slithering and otherworldly

Valerie had always thought she'd be able to keep Hawkins' devils underground, hidden from the general population, from her mother, but now, she wondered just how long until hell broke loose. 

"The gate..." Steve and Dustin murmured, their eyes wide as they glanced worriedly at each other. Quickly, they backed away from the door, leaving behind the blinding view, Valerie wasn't complaining, she could already feel a headache forming, an ache pulsing behind her eyes.