Chapter 3

A/N: More imagery! This is the alleyway Y/n is hiding in.

Did they see me?

What was that explosion?

Am I safe here?

Many questions ran through my mind. Blood streamed down my legs and dripped onto the cool, damp cement.

"You idiots! How could you let her get away?" Brick spoke harshly to his brothers, but then again, that's how they all got along.

"You were the one throwing a hissy fit like a little girl." said Butch in response. A cloud of soot smoke overtook the night sky, covering the ravishing stars above like a blanket. The smoke has a way of revealing the air, making an artistry of its swirls and flow.

"Yeah! What he said." As usual Boomer would nod in agreement.

"Will you two shut up already? You're lucky my blast missed you earlier otherwise you would've joined those bratty girls!" Brick took full responsibility for the massive eruption minutes ago. The pungent, bitter odor of smoke polluted the air. "Whatever, you can quit your bitching already it isn't helping your case. Now let's find her." Butch would take off soaring through the sky before his brother could say anything. A luminous green trail of light followed his every move.

"Alright, calm down." taking a deep breath always calmed my nerves. Using the brick wall for support, I now stood up to my feet. If I want to get to safety I have to get out of Townsville no matter what, and even then, there's no guarantee. The Powerpuff girls are no longer here to safeguard the people of Earth.

There was a door on the opposite wall, fortunately for me that was the ticket to my escape.

Boomer peered over at his brother the moment Butch departed into the night. "What are you looking at loser? Go find her!" Ordered a fuming Brick. "I'm going, I'm going!" Startled by the sudden scolding, Boomer hurrily dove into the city in search for the girl.

Now approaching the door I turned the knob and walked through.

A thick layer of dirt and dust was built up on the floor with cobwebs taking up the corners of the massive room

A thick layer of dirt and dust was built up on the floor with cobwebs taking up the corners of the massive room. A single lightbulb welcomed me in, illuminating the place enough for me to see where I was going.

Quickly walking through the room, the adrenaline began to take a toll on my nerves. The tip-tap of my footsteps echoed out breaking the silence within the room.

'Creaakkk'

"Huh?" A noise caught my attention, stopping me in my tracks. The door I came through, it was open. "Caught you." My eyes widened, heart sinking upon recognizing who it was.

Brick.

His rugged fingers then clenched my throat, a gasp being all I could make out at the time. "How did you.." The pressure of his iron grip prevented me from even finishing a simple sentence.
His palm pressed against my throat; I could feel my esophagus slowly closing. "Easy. All I had to do was follow the scent of failure, hmm, with a dash of bitch." Using his free hand the boy brought a finger up to his soft lips, a crimson red substance being placed on his tongue. Was that blood? Wait. Was that my blood?

"That trail of blood you left was a big help too, heh." His pure red eyes glinted with malice as he chuckled mischievously. Even now a fountain of red came from my wound, oozing down my legs and splattering onto the filthy tiles. With his firm grip still on my neck Brick trailed his smooth, tender lips delicately along my shoulder blades. A rush of red pigment swam through my cheeks the moment I felt his lips on me.

But I couldn't say anything, oxygen was scarce at this point.

"Now who's the quiet one, hm babe?" Brick knew perfectly well that I could not respond. Placing both hands on the arm strangling me I set out to pry him off, but to no avail. It was no contest. Of course he was stronger. "With all that confidence you showed earlier I would've thought that you'd put up a better fight than this. Pathetic!" Without warning, the grip on my throat came to a halt. Oxygen replenished my aching lungs, my e/c eyes widening as I swallowed every inch of air.

"That's what you deserve." It seems that Brick was still boiling from my comment earlier. "Now, before I call the other two halfwits.." In an instant, my body was hurled at the grimy cement beneath "..why don't you and I do something exciting? I know you'll love it babe."

Brick would crawl above me, his tenebrous silhouette consuming my figure.