Chapter 2

Nate POV:

Babs thought it would be a good idea for us to be a hero team. I for one don't mind it. The others however:

???: Uhhhhh. Nope. I use my powers. I get in trouble. Every single time.

???: Not me I'm not fighting anyone.

The purple haired one chuckled.

???: Sorry. I'm an artiste. Not a police officer.

???: Um, I'm not really good at it.

Then all eyes were on me. I nodded my head eagerly. I figured if I couldn't be there for Ed and Al I'll be there for this world.

Diana then slammed her hands on the shy girls desk causing her to jump in response.

Diana: Cowards! I speak of destiny. The same mantle of greatness that the gods bestowed upon to me, they have also bestowed on you.

Blessings from the gods? Yeah right. The last god I met took me away from brothers and stole my ability to speak. Then again it is the punishment that I deserved for treading in his territory.

Babs: Plus, come on, you guys! How can you not be excited about heroes and villains and fighting crime and hidden lairs and secret identities and stuff?

I have to admit her enthusiasm was like Ed, Al and I learning alchemy. I couldn't help but smile at the memory.

???: Um, the trick with secret identities, my dear, is that in order to remain secret, one must convincingly pass for an normal human being.

Babs then shook her head and sweetened the deal.

Babs: Okay, tell you what. You guys giving a team a teensie try, she'll teach us how to be heroes and you can give her a make over. Deal?

Tje purple haired girl then sighed and joined us.

???: Who am I to say no to a makeover?

???: Um... Okay.

???: Good for you, Karen. I'll try, too, but only to encourage and support Karen's brave decision.

Then we we all looked at the blonde.

???: Fine. Whatever.

Babs: Yes its settled. Super awesome hero-ness, here we come!

Babs then pulled us into a group hug, causing me to blush. Then after a trip to the mall, we found ourselves on top of a random roof going of our abilities and skills.

Diana: If we are to be a team, then I must know your skills and abilities.

Then one by one, she went over the girls. From Jess being a Green Lantern cadet, which Babs got question happy over, to Karen being a bumblebee, to Kara being an alien, to Zee being a sorceress, to Babs to being Batgirl and finally it was my turn. Oh boy.

Diana: And you. What can you do?

I didn't say anything. What abilities should I show?! The Ultimate Shadow? No to terrifying. I don't want to scare Karen. The Ultimate Shield? Maybe. The Ultimate Spear? Maybe. My flame alchemy? No, to destructive. Oooooh I know.

Diana: Why don't you speak?

Babs: Uh. Diana, Nate here is mute.

Diana: I see. Well can you show us what you can do.