Chapter 5

Nate POV:

I was staring in shock at this girl who looks exactly like my childhood friend. I know she's not her but still, it's like looking directly at her. This didn't go unnoticed by everyone else.

Winry: Is everything okay?

I nodded my head in response.

Mr. Chapin: Are you sure? You look like you've seen a ghost.

Once again I nodded my head in response. I don't want them know about the existence of other realities. Winry noticed that I wasn't giving a verbal response.

Mr. Chapin: Oh silly me Nathen is mute.

He then pressed the intercom.

Mr. Chapion: Would Barbra Gordon please report the principal's office. I repeat could Barbara Gordon please report to the principal's office.

After waiting about ten minutes. Babs came in to the room.

Babs: What's up?

Mr. Chapin: I need you and Nathan to show Ms. Johnson here around school.

Before Babs could respond, I pulled her out of the room with my hand up in the just one minute please. We left the room, leaving the two confused.

Babs: What was that about, Nate?

I took out my journal.

Nate*note*: Do remember when I told you about about Winry and Granny Pinako?

Babs: Yeah they were your childhood friends. What does that have to do with anything?

Nate*note*: Call me crazy but I think she's this side of the gate's Winry.

Babs: And what's wrong with that?

Nate*note*: I'm just nervous okay.

Babs nodded her head in understanding.

Babs: I can understand that. But what can we do about it?

Nate*note*: What else? Show her a good time.

Babs: Are you sure?

Nate*note*: Do we have a choice?

Babs: True. But what do we tell them if they ask?

Nate*note*: Just say that she looks like a childhood friend of mine who I haven't seen in years.

She nodded her head and we went back in the room.

Mr. Chapin: Everything okay, you two?

Babs: Yes, sir. It's just she looks like a childhood friend of his. And I guess you can say he got a little nervous.

Winry: That's good. I thought I did something wrong and offended him.

I tapped her on the shoulder and handed her a note.

Winery*reading note*: You didn't do anything wrong nor did you offend me. Like what my friend said, when I saw you, it was like looking at my childhood friend. I'm sorry for giving you a terrible first impression. That's okay. I get it everyone has a doppelganger out there. So no worries.