Dont give up on me

Dereks POV:

As a doctor treating the patients and family you always think blankly when proceeding to deliver the best or worst news of their life.you never quite realise the reality of being that loved one untill your sat there either in the waiting room or in the er chair sat beside them. Hoping, wishing, praying that all there problems disappears. You would think it would be the sadness or the numbness that would over take you but it's not. It's the fear and the dread of the unknowingness. The uncertainty of what could happen next. As a doctor your brain is programmed to think the worst and expect the worst which is a hard thing to think about when the love of your life, the women you want to spend the rest of you life with, have her children and grow old together with is lying among a hospital bed fighting the thoughts in her own head. Meredith is strong everyone who knew her knew that but her mind is stronger. If she wants to overcome this she needs to fight. To fight for herself. To fight for her life. To fight for us and what we would become instead of letting the depression eat away at her untill she is nothing but a shell of the great doctor Meredith grey she used to be.  Seeing her like this is one of the saddest thing I've gone through. Knowing that it's completely up to her whether she wants to keep going and push her self or not. If she lets go I don't think I could ever forgive her, let alone forgive myself for not pulling her out of that bathtub sooner. It's not the medical trauma she's fighting it's the trauma in her head that appears in the shape of a demon attacking her thought and feeling for the inside out.