Her beginning

My name is Amber Winston, I'm only 14 and I live in New York with my father, i'm an average quite kid in school with no friends, I have an older brother named Dallas Winston but I haven't seen him since I was 5 so I don't really remember him, my father never tells me about him, to be honest he never tells me anything or even cares about me I mean hell I wear Dallas's old clothing since i'm a little small for my age and my father never even bothered to buy me new clothes but I didn't mind wearing his clothes that much since in a way it made me feel closer to him. I was walking home from school, I know the streets of New York like the back of my hand so I took the short cuts and alleyways back. As I arrived back home I opened the door but I didn't see my father on the couch drinking like he usually was and he didn't work often so I quietly went into his room, he wasn't in there and most of his things weren't there so I knew something was wrong "Dad?!" I yelled out, I started looking through his drawers and all of his clothes were gone, HE was gone, I was alone and I started to cry, I was never truly alone, I was terrified.

It's been two days and all I could do why cry and sulk I was trying to think of what to do since I can't stay here since I won't be able to make enough money to afford the bills, I don't have any other family members except for my brother, he would be 17 probably so he might not have a place to stay, I remember one of his old friends, Tom Johnson, he still lived nearby so I could maybe ask him where Dallas is. I get my shoes on and walk out the door, I get to Tom's house and knock on the door, a skinny tall 19 year old looking dude with dirty blonde hair came opened the door "What?" he said who i'm assuming to be Tom "hi there.. are you Tom?" I said a little more quite then i wanted to be "Yea that's me, what's a little kid like you doing here?" Tom said looking me up and down "Well I don't know if you remember but i'm Amber, Dallas's kid sister and I was just wondering if you know where Dallas is..?" I asked him "Amber? damn I haven't seen you in a long time well last time I talked to Dally was when he was headed to Tulsa Oklahoma" he told me, Tulsa.. that's where i need to go then if I want to see my brother "Oh thank you! it was nice seeing you tom!" I hugged him then ran off.

As I got back home I got my bag and started packing some of my things I put clothes,brush, and other necessities, I only had 50 dollars but that was enough to last me at least 2 weeks I then took my brothers old jacket and put it on, it was my favorite thing of his to wear it always made me feel safe when I put it on, there was a train I could take that would bring me to Tulsa so I made my way to the train station. When I got there the ticket wasn't to expensive it was $1.25 when the train came I stepped in and took a seat next to this nice looking old lady "where are you going hun?" the lady asked me "oh i'm going to Tulsa to find my big brother" I told her and smiled, I didn't see the point in lying to her since she is older and I should be respectful and I'd probably never see her ever again "Well isn't that exciting, good luck on finding him dearie" she told me then started reading a book, I fell asleep since she'd probably wake me when we got there.

I got woken up by the nice old lady, When I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the dim train lights, I only had two things on my mind: Natalie Wood and Finding my big brother Dallas Winston.