Chapter 8: Later On That Day

"When does the concert start?" Oniya asked Stephen.

At least twenty minutes had passed since their lovemaking. They both stood naked as Stephen was knee-deep in the water. He looked up to see the sun's location and could tell it must have been sometime around noon.

"Pretty soon," he remarked.

"Then let's get dressed," she replied.

Both of them turned to look at the shore. They waddled through the water until they got out.

"Ah.....that felt so nice," Oniya commented. "It just felt so....."

"Free...." Stephen said as he stepped on the mud. He turned his head towards the clothes and stopped as he put his hands to his hips. He had a questioning look that even made Oniya look at him.

"What is it?" she asked him.

"Your clothes......they are missing."

"What?" She walked up to him as she looked down at the pile of clothes. She immediately began to look around the area.

"Did we have a peeping tom grab them when we are not looking?" he asked as he looked into the forest. "Nah....that wouldn't make sense. We were not that far from it. When we had sex, you had a clear view of it. Did you see anything?"

"No, I didn't."

"Well..... it looks like somebody might have taken it. We might have to go around and start asking people if we can get clothes for you.....unless you want to be the naked pregnant woman in the crowds of Woodstock."

She looked around the area some more. She didn't seem too worried as she continued to walk around the muddy shore of the spot. She spotted a large tree that was closest to them.

"I will look around," she said.

The water was still dripping off their bodies as Stephen remained in place, looking at his clothes. A part of him was in debate if the wind somehow carried it off, but there was little of it. He looked around the area while he could see Oniya walk around the tree. He turned his attention and could tell that there was little disturbance in the ground where the clothes were initially located. It was unlikely that anybody came up and stole it.

"I found it!" Oniya yelled out as she came out from behind the tree. "It got moved."

"Moved?" Stephen asked.

In her hands were her clothes. It was almost entirely behind the tree, and he knew that he couldn't have seen it from there. He smiled as he looked at the naked pregnant woman that was carrying her clothes again.

"Groovy," he said. "Come on, let's get dressed."

He proceeded to dry himself off, but it was a difficult one. The drizzle was still coming and going. Even his clothes still had a hard time drying off. Having it under the tree as Oniya did only did so much. As he proceeded to put on his clothes, he began to have some questions popped into his mind. This Oniya seemed a little strange with the events that were going on. Perhaps it was just the fact that she was Egyptian, but to Stephen, the little things here and there seemed to be added onto his thoughts about her.

Regardless of his thoughts about her, he still felt very comfortable with her when it came to his interests. His ideas still ran with what he said about her and her baby. A part of him felt very attached to her, but he knew that it was someone else's child. Even if the man was supposedly dead, a part of him knew that she would be delivering soon. Not only would he have a romantic interest, but he would also become a parent at the same time. His fears went towards his past as he knocked the sand from his wet feet. He then put on his underwear and boots.