Chapter 1: Alexander

HIII ITS ADRIEN LOLZIES KEKDKD. also just to confirm, i'll be doing Alexander's POV and Robin will be doing John's POV!! okay idk what else to say but hey enjoy also ROBIN IS A GOOD WRITER GRRRR

-

Alexander's POV

"Shit," I heard a boy mutter as he ran into me. I stumbled to the ground, dropping all my books. "Goddamn! What's your prob-" I said before cutting myself off. I looked up and there it was.

It was John Laurens. The most popular boy in school.

The tall boy awkwardly stuck out his hand, "Sorry." murmured John. I latched into his hand and pulled my self up. "I'm sorry about that." He apologized, bending over, grabbing my books, and handing them to me with a sincere smile.

"I-it's fine." I stuttered. I cannot believe I was talking to John Laurens!

"Yo John!" A voice called from behind me. John waved and I spun around. It was another one of the popular boys. Marquis De Lafayette, or Lafayette for short.

He came sprinting over, with another boy trailing behind him and panting. Hercules Mulligan.

When the toy boys made it over to me and John, Lafayette pushed me out of his way and started conversing with John.

I didn't really care though. I put in my headphones, put on one of my Spotify playlists and started heading to class.

I wasn't exactly popular. No, not even exactly, I wasn't popular. I was just that nerd that maybe one of the popular kids talked to me one time a month because they needed the math homework.

I was just an outcast. Forgotten. The kid who beat Thomas Jefferson in a debate a few times. However, I didn't mind. I just needed to get through high school. That's it.

I made it to first period. It was American History. I went to my desk and sat down next to my "neighbor" Aaron Burr. He tells me I ramble too much and I should "Talk less, smile more." or whatever the hell that means. He only tells me that because I always beat Thomas Jefferson in debates, and my debates are usually very long.

Burr is another one of the popular kids, so he's just sticking up for Thomas, but I don't really care. Thomas sucks at debating and it's not my fault.

Anyways, the rest of the kids started flooding the room, and John was in this class. I hadn't even noticed he was in this class before. He sat down next to this girl named Margarita, or she preferably goes by Peggy. They've been best friends since forever, and i'm surprised they weren't dating.

He was wrapping some of his hair around his finger, talking to Peggy and occasionally grinning. Not going to lie, he was quite gorgeous. But 1, he's straight. and 2, even if he somehow wasn't, he would never want to go out with a nerd like me.

Anyways, my favorite teacher of all time, Mr. Washington clapped his hands, signaling that he was going to be starting class. "Alright class! Let's take attendance."

And Mr. Washington took attendance, everyone saying "Here," or "Present," or something like that. Then, we began class.

He started blabbering about lesson plans and our plans for this week. all that jazz. Really boring stuff.

"So for starters this week, we're going to be doing a project!" Mr. Washington smiled as the rest of the class groaned and slumped down in their seats.

Then, Mr. Washington started explaining the project, although nobody was really paying attention to him.

Then, he started putting us in pairs.

"Peggy Schuyler and Maria Lewis."

"Charles Lee and Samuel Seabury."

"Kae and Robin."

and he kept naming the pairs and that made my heart race.

I hated working in pairs, as I really suck with social interaction and all that.

"John and Alexander."

I glanced over at John and he was already looking at me and when we met eyes, he quickly shifted his glance away from me and blushed slightly.

I shook it off as nothing and Mr. Washington sent us off to plan out our project. John walked over to me and sat down next to me since Burr left to work with his partner. "Hi."
"We meet again." I said, smirking slightly. Wow Alex, you made a first move. Damn, you're a bad bitch.

John rolled his eyes and looked at me, "So um.. What do we do?"

I gave him a glare. "Good looks but no brain." I muttered under my breath, doubting he heard anything.

Anyways, we started slowly but surely started planning out our project and John seemed like he really didn't understand what was happening but whatever. I'll basically be doing the whole project anyway.

The bell eventually rang, I packed up, and I began walking out of class.

"Wait!" John called, chasing after me. I rotated around, looking up at the curly haired boy.

"Hm?" I hummed.

"Wanna sit with me and my friends at lunch?"